[COGS] Last Meeting Notes

COGSSpeaker COGSSpeaker at admin.fsu.edu
Mon Mar 1 20:04:49 EST 2021

Here is a copy of the powerpoint with all of the committees as well as the Office of Government Affairs. I couldn’t find the approved version, but this was the copy sent to me before it was amended by Senate. Amendments were made to the two “whereas” below. The first one was a technical error I believe and the second one removed “and administration to approve or deny speakers at the best interest of the student body”. Lastly they added and amendment to support Graduate Assistants United efforts in waiving fees. Thank you all for attending the meeting and feel free to reach out to me with any comments or questions.

Whereas: FSU SGA supports financial aid and in-state tuition extentions to students with temporary protected immigration or DACA status if classified as a Florida resident, and

Whereas: FSU SGA recognizes the need to respect faculty’s intellectual property and protect the right for students and administration to approve or deny speakers at the best interest of the student body, by opposing HB 233, and

Best,

CHRIS HAGEMEYER, Congress of Graduate Students, Speaker
Florida State University
College of Medicine, Doctoral Candidate in Biomedical Sciences
web sga.fsu.edu/cogs.shtml | fb FSUCOGS | twt COGSFSU