[Art-instructors] note from Chair

Keith Patterson kpatterson2 at fsu.edu
Fri Jan 3 11:19:17 EST 2020

Dear Adjuncts and Graduate TA's,

Welcome back! If you are teaching for the first time, welcome to the Department! I hope you have had a relaxing break. Here are some reminders. Please take the time to read all of this email to make sure you are up to date.

Syllabus
If you haven't handed in your syllabus please do so on the new template (available on SharePoint or from the Art Office) and pass to your Area Head/Program Director for final approval before sending to Kathy Bailey in the Art Office. kbailey at admin.fsu.edu<mailto:kbailey at admin.fsu.edu>

Class Fee Material Requests
Spring Semester - opens December 1st 2019 to April 30th 2020.  Please remember that books are not consumables.

Art Course Fee Management System:

  *   Go to filemaker.cfa.fsu.edu<http://filemaker.cfa.fsu.edu/>
  *   Click on Art Course Fee Management System
  *   Log in with your FSU id and password.
  *   Select Instructor Requests to view your courses for Spring 2020, you will see a list of your courses with the beginning and ending balances.
  *   If you are an area coordinator, you will be able to click Area Requests.  You will see the area balances.

To enter a request:

  *   Click request to enter a new purchase request- Click view to see all your requests and their approval status.

  *   You will receive an update by email when the request is approved or denied along with any comments from the approver
  *   Enter the vendor, short description, cost of all product from that vendor, shipping cost and paste details of your purchase into the notes section. (You need to make separate requests for each vendor.)
  *   Click submit to finalize your request. You will receive a confirmation email.
  *   If you make an error click cancel to return to your list of courses.

Note: From any webpage in the lab fee system, click the FSU logo to go back. Do not use the browser's back button.

Other things:

  *   if you want your students to install work on campus or around/in any of our shared buildings (FAB, CAB most specifically), please notify me ahead of time so I can get you proper permissions.
  *   NEVER spend your own money on something for which you expect to be reimbursed unless you have cleared it with Rob Berg.  In some cases, we cannot reimburse you!
  *   NEVER place an order to an unapproved vendor without consulting Rob Berg or Kathy Bailey

 Looking forward to great New Year!

Stephanie

Stephanie James
Chair, Department of Art