[Seuce-cci] [EXTERNAL] GRAD NSSLHA Advisor question

Melissa Caserta melissa.caserta at selu.edu
Wed Mar 22 13:36:55 EDT 2023

Here in Hammond, we, too, are seeing the same thing. What we have offered
is a once a semester, virtual meeting, as they seem to not want to
physically stay at a meeting on campus. We’ve also tried to bring in
speakers that talk about resumes and jobs, Including someone that we found
on Instagram who helps résumé- build specifically for speech and language
pathology students. We also try to keep our “business“ information to a
minimum and send that via email. Additionally, we offer service hours in a
very flexible way. For example, they can get hours for donating items to
drives on campus for specific charities or organizations, instead of say,
spending actual time anywhere. In their defense, a lot of our students have
jobs and find it very difficult to manage school work, as well as a service
organization. So, we try to be flexible and how they can participate. For
what it’s worth, it’s not just you. I hope some of these ideas help.