[Seuce-cci] [EXTERNAL] GRAD NSSLHA Advisor question

Wahl, Robyn Robyn.Wahl at eku.edu
Tue Mar 21 11:51:47 EDT 2023

We see the same thing!  I just did some research/presentation about this new generation of students (Gen Z).
We found that they are more motivated by what will 'look good' and help them get into grad school / job applications;  so we've planned activities that they can 'use' in that way (Walk for Alzheimer's/Apraxia, Special Olympics, etc.).
They also just want info in small manageable chunks, instead of meetings (I can't say I blame them);  so we've started using Instagram for announcements and info (just set up the account with the advisor as the 'admin', so the permissions can be granted to the NSSLHA officer in charge of communications, then switched the next year).
I hope these suggestions are helpful.

[cid:image001.png at 01D95BE6.64CAD380]
[facebook]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://facebook/ekucsd__;!!PhOWcWs!xTBh6caXvwXqML9fvvBRbf5wcwDehjhRPbfSAA6r_lLtWVk95HB5hBQD6sZx3PNtj4y_ZPkzfJ6-CDjST7It-rtrYg$ >
 [twitter] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://mobile.twitter.com/eku_csd__;!!PhOWcWs!xTBh6caXvwXqML9fvvBRbf5wcwDehjhRPbfSAA6r_lLtWVk95HB5hBQD6sZx3PNtj4y_ZPkzfJ6-CDjST7I6PgLAPg$ >
 [instagram] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.instagram.com/ekucsd/__;!!PhOWcWs!xTBh6caXvwXqML9fvvBRbf5wcwDehjhRPbfSAA6r_lLtWVk95HB5hBQD6sZx3PNtj4y_ZPkzfJ6-CDjST7LdF7z4CQ$ >

Robyn Wahl, M.S., CCC-SLP
Speech-Language Pathologist
Speech-Language Clinic Director
Eastern Kentucky University

[mobilePhone]
859-622-2519<tel:859-622-2519>
[emailAddress]
robyn.wahl at eku.edu<mailto:robyn.wahl at eku.edu>
[website]
cd.eku.edu/slhclinic<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cd.eku.edu/slhclinic__;!!PhOWcWs!xTBh6caXvwXqML9fvvBRbf5wcwDehjhRPbfSAA6r_lLtWVk95HB5hBQD6sZx3PNtj4y_ZPkzfJ6-CDjST7IoRzenxg$ >
[address]
Wallace 203

Confidentiality/Nondisclosure Notice:  This e-mail transmission (and any attachments) is confidential.  It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by law.  If you have received it by mistake, please let the sender know by e-mail reply or you may call the sender at the above listed number.  Please delete the email from your system.  You may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone unless otherwise required by law.