[Eoas-seminar] MET seminar at 3:30 PM on Thursday, Apr. 15, 2021

eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu
Mon Apr 12 10:26:44 EDT 2021

Hi all,

Here is an announcement that we have a MET seminar at 3:30 PM on Thursday, Apr. 15, 2021. The related information can be found in the following and the attached flyer.

Speaker: Prof. Deepti Singh, School of the Environment, Washington State University

Title: Influence of Climate Variability and Change on Spatially Concurrent Droughts

Abstract:  Concurrent droughts across multiple regions threaten global food security, agricultural markets, reinsurance industries, and consequently, the global economy. I will discuss our ongoing research on understanding the historical characteristics and physical drivers of spatially concurrent droughts across several tropical and subtropical regions. I will also discuss the how projected 21st century warming is likely to affect concurrent droughts, their drivers and associated exposure of societal systems.

Time: 3:30 PM, Apr. 15, 2021

Zoom Meeting: https://fsu.zoom.us/j/98928776744?pwd=QU8waVQ2VlJOemRTelFCb3NtdVJzQT09

We will start the zoom meeting site to meet the speaker at 3:00 PM. It is also noted a post-seminar student-speaker session will start immediately after the seminar.

Cheers,

Zhaohua