[COGS] Involvement Opportunity: Garnet and Gold Votes Commission

COGSSpeaker COGSSpeaker at admin.fsu.edu
Wed May 8 13:17:53 EDT 2024

Happy Wednesday!

We've been contacted by the FSU Garnet and Gold Votes Commission asking for a Representative to serve on their board this upcoming school year. Their director provided the following description of the Commission's work:

"The primary objective of our commission is to engage with the student body and encourage them to participate in voting. To achieve this goal, all members of the Commission collaborate to organize and support various events that bring the FSU student community together, enhance voter education and engagement, and increase voter turnout."

The Commission will be meeting approximately twice a month in the Fall and may have a couple virtual meetings this summer. It seems like a great opportunity to encourage participation in our local, state, and federal electoral processes. Currently, FSU has one of the best participation rates of the Florida universities when it comes to voting in U.S. Presidential elections and this Commission wants to help further that.

If you are interested in serving on the Commission, please email/text me to let me know! I'm hoping to give them a name in the next few weeks. I'll also mention it at our first COGS meeting on the 20th.

Enjoy your first week of summer!

Jack Rowan
Speaker of the Congress of Graduate Students
Representative, College of Law Seat 1
Florida State University, 2026
COGSSpeaker at admin.fsu.edu<mailto:COGSSpeaker at admin.fsu.edu>