[Art-instructors] FW: Museum lecture series resources for faculty

Keith Patterson kpatterson2 at fsu.edu
Tue Jan 12 12:40:28 EST 2021

Dear Faculty,

I am forwarding Meredith Lynn email and pdf that has information the exciting Spring Guest Lecture Series were are co-sponsoring.
Please note she has included supplemental materials links in the pdf that I hope you find useful in incorporating into your class or sharing with the students before each talk so that they can have an enhance experience-
Thanks,
Lilian

From: Meredith Lynn <mllynn at fsu.edu<mailto:mllynn at fsu.edu>>
Subject: Museum lecture series resources for faculty

Hello department chairs,

I’m writing to ask that you share the attached PDF with your respective faculties. As Preston mentioned in your meeting last week, MoFA has partnered with the Departments of Art and Art History to offer an exciting program of guest speakers this spring, including Earlonne Woods and Nigel Poor from Ear Hustle, Hank Willis Thomas, and Wendy Red Star. It is our hope that faculty members from across the college will direct students to these events and consider incorporating these speakers into course content. We have created the attached PDF to help faculty share resources with students. For each speaker, we selected a few links to articles, videos, and websites that serve as a good introduction to the speaker and their work. All three of the events will cover topics that are relevant to students across our college and our communities. Museum staff is available to meet with faculty, students, and classes in support of these programs. If you or your colleagues have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, Preston, or Annie Booth.

A big thank you to Art and Art History, and particularly Jessica Ingram, for helping to make these events possible.

Best,
Meredith
--
Meredith Lynn
Assistant Curator and Director of Galleries