[Art-instructors] Student info on COVID-19

Stephanie James sljames at fsu.edu
Wed Mar 11 11:32:29 EDT 2020

Hi all,

This is coming from the Provost’s Office:

‘Please can you make sure that your students know that we are not cancelling classes after spring break and that we are preparing to teach most classes online only IF we are forced to ask students to leave campus at some point. For now, we expect to operate in our typical manner after spring break and beyond, unless our situation changes dramatically in the meantime—should that happen, all FSU constituencies will be notified in a timely way.’

That being said the Provost has stated yesterday that if you can transition to online you may do so after the break but we must be ready to if advised. The University has been sending COVID-19 information to students and has also solicited information about their plans for travel during the break. Some are intending to travel internationally and also go on cruises and those students have been advised to self-quarantine at home as the University dorms cannot accommodate them.

I have already received plans from some of you – thank you.

Stephanie

Stephanie James
Chair, Department of Art
College of Fine Arts