[Isl] ISL Brown Bag on Sept. 20 - "Who We Are Shapes How We Cognitively Age?"

Willard Edmonds btedmond at fsu.edu
Thu Aug 19 08:58:31 EDT 2021

[cid:image001.png at 01D794D8.24E98710]

You are invited to hear Damaris Aschwanden, Ph.D., speak on “Who We Are Shapes How We Cognitively Age? Personality & Cognitive Health in Late Life,” the first presentation in the ISL Brown Bag Series for Fall 2021.

Aschwanden, a post-doctoral researcher in the College of Medicine, will give her talk at noon September 20 via Zoom. Here is the Zoom link: https://fsu.zoom.us/j/95302142292

Aschwanden received her doctorate in Psychology in 2018 from the University of Zurich, Switzerland. During the work on her doctorate, she was a fellow of the International Max Planck Research School on the Life Course, a joint international Ph.D. program of the Max Planck Institute for Human Development, the Freie Universität Berlin, the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, the University of Michigan, the University of Virginia, and the University of Zurich.

Her research addresses the associations between personality, health, cognitive aging, and dementia. She investigates these links using data from both long-term longitudinal and ambulatory assessment studies. Her recent work has focused on the evaluation of risk factors for dementia applying machine learning and on the predictive value of cognitive performance and personality traits for daily cognitive behaviors.