[Seuce-cci] [EXTERNAL] Corona Virus

Karen W. Saar kwsaar1 at lamar.edu
Tue Mar 10 15:08:31 EDT 2020

I look forward to hearing what others have to say.  I've had my first such request today and am still developing a response plan that will work for all students should it come to that. Initially my thoughts are that they can obtain their grade/hours thus far and return to the university clinic until we see if those sites will let them back later.  I've considered supplementing the university hours with simulated cases since we don't have a generous amount of clients to share at the university, but am honestly not 100% sure of my next steps. Your email is quite timely as I am in the process of sorting it out right now. I'll be following this thread closely and look forward to everyone's thoughts.

Karen

Karen Whisenhunt Saar, M.S., CCC-SLP
Director of SLP Clinical Services
Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences
Lamar University
Beaumont, TX 77710

This transmission may contain confidential information that is legally protected.  As the recipient of this transmission, you are obligated to maintain it in a safe and confidential manner.  Unauthorized re-disclosures or a failure to maintain the confidentiality of the information contained herein could subject you to penalties under State and Federal Law.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.