[Seuce-cci] Corona Virus

ESTHER ROSS esther.ross at aamu.edu
Tue Mar 10 15:03:10 EDT 2020

I am not sure how to ask this question....so I'll just come out and ask.

What are clinical directors doing about medical placements sending students home from practicum due to CODID-19? I have three sites that are now requesting that only essential personal come to work due to COVID-19?  What contingency plan do other universities have in place for practicum students to complete practicum hours?  I have had students asked to leave their assigned medical sites/practicum as precautionary measures for the facilities.  I am open to suggestions as to how to navigate this 'Carona virus' situation.

Esther

Esther Phillips-Ross MA/CCC/SLP/L
Clinical Director/Assistant Professor
Communicative Sciences and Disorders
CSD Senator/Faculty Senate
Alabama A&M University
256-372-4044/256-372-4055 (fax)

Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still--Chinese proverb

This electronic mail transmission may contain legally privileged and/or
confidential information.  This message and/or any files transmitted with it
are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s).  This communication is
to be treated as confidential and the information in it may not be used or
disclosed except for the purpose for which it was sent.  If you have reason
to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this communication or
have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately,
delete it, along with any attachments, and all copies of it from your
system, and destroy any hard copies of it.  You are hereby notified that
disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action on the contents,
attachments, or information herein is strictly prohibited.