[Seuce-cci] Clinical deadlines/turn around time

Cheslock, Melissa mcheslock at montevallo.edu
Tue Feb 26 15:10:41 EST 2019

1)      We typically do all DX scheduling up front before the semester begins, so the student has access to information on all their DX clients well in advance.  However, students usually do a telephone interview and confirmation of the appointment with the client 3-5 days prior to the actual appointment time.

2)      We tell students to have rough draft of DX report in one week following the appointment and final copy should be complete within two weeks.  That doesn’t always happen though, depending on the difficulty of the case or the writing skills of the students.

3)      I usually give students their clinical assignments within 2 weeks of the first intervention session/clinic start date. That gives them plenty of time to review the chart and meet with their supervisor.

Melissa Cheslock, MS, CCC-SLP
Clinic Director
University of Montevallo
Speech and Language Center
205-665-6720
[M]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.montevallo.edu_&d=DwIGaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=jGshPQbDJoV8CMlOHBki0kYcpPcJAdfxtU8l2-2kUWk&m=DS6f4nOoM2xvR0bz84WgQumogLLXT4fQDEgkK0x3Z-w&s=P4cQkqg-1sLF5NckbaIbAQnUS9_tZDylerO6EKejtDk&e=>