[Law-envtlcert] Nancy C. Ralston Conservation Law Fellowship

Maria Ayn Jella Roxas jroxas at law.fsu.edu
Fri Aug 6 09:59:43 EDT 2021

Dear FSU Environmental Law Certificate Students and Newly Graduates,

The Conservation Law Center<https://conservationlawcenter.org/home-1> seeks applications for the inaugural Nancy C. Ralston Conservation Law Fellowship. This is a two-year appointment starting in Summer 2022. The  position is open now for a recent graduate, but may be held open for a promising student expecting to graduate in 2022.

The Conservation Law Center operates the Indiana University Maurer School of Law's Conservation Law Clinic<https://law.indiana.edu/academics/experiential-education/clinics/conservation.html>. In this capacity, the Center works with student interns on its active projects, advising clients, and researching legal and policy solutions on conservation issues. The Ralston Fellow's work will include litigation-related research, land protection transactions, advising conservation clients, policy analysis and outreach. Other aspects regarding the operation of the Center, including working with students in the Conservation Law Clinic will also be expected.

To be qualified, a candidate should either be a recent law school graduate (within 5 years) OR current law student expecting to graduate by Spring 2022. Strong candidates will have excellent legal research, writing, and analytical skills, and demonstrated commitment to conservation and environmental causes.

Please see attached announcement for details and application requirements. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, C.V., law school transcript, references, and writing sample (10 pages max) to Office Manager Melissa Berry at berrym at indiana.edu<mailto:berrym at indiana.edu>, Attn: Ralston Fellowship. The position will remain open until filled.

Should you have questions about the Conservation Law Center, or the Fellowship, please contact Andrea Lutz (andlutz at iu.edu<mailto:andlutz at iu.edu>), Director of Advancement.

Good day

Jella V. Roxas
Faculty Support - Environmental Programs<http://www.law.fsu.edu/academics/jd-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law>
Florida State University College of Law
425 West Jefferson St. Tallahassee, FL 32306
jroxas at law.fsu.edu<mailto:jroxas at law.fsu.edu> | 850-6447275
Follow our FB page: FSU Environmental Law<https://www.facebook.com/FSUEnvironmentalLaw/>

----
Dear Colleagues,

I'll jump on the bandwagon of announcing another off-cycle fellowship opportunity. The Conservation Law Center operates the Indiana University Maurer School of Law's Conservation Law Clinic. It is seeking applications for the inaugural Nancy C. Ralston Conservation Law Fellowship. The position is open now for a recent graduate, but may be held open for a promising student expecting to graduate in 2022.  I serve on the CLC board and am happy to answer queries.

This position will be used to help advance CLC's mission to protect important natural habitats, freshwater ecosystems, and sensitive species. CLC is committed to equal opportunity and inclusion for groups that are historically under-represented at professional levels within the field of conservation, including women and people of color, who are strongly encouraged to apply.

To be qualified, a candidate should either be a recent law school graduate (within 5 years) or current law student expecting to graduate by spring 2022. Strong candidates will have excellent legal research, writing, and analytical skills, and demonstrated commitment to conservation and environmental causes. We value applicants who have a broad range of interests and experience, along with a desire to make a career in the field of conservation.

Please see the attached announcement for details and application requirements.  We heartily encourage sharing this information to your social networks and anyone you feel might be interested.

Should you have questions about the Conservation Law Center, our Clinic, or the Fellowship, please contact our Director of Advancement, Andrea Lutz, directly at andlutz at iu.edu<mailto:andlutz at iu.edu> or 812.856.0819.

Cheers,
Rob

Robert L. Fischman
George P. Smith, II Distinguished Professor of Law
Professor of Public and Environmental Affairs (adjunct)
Indiana University Maurer School of Law
211 S. Indiana Avenue
Bloomington, IN  47405-7001
(phone) 812-855-4565
(fax) 812-855-0555

You can access most of my papers through  I.U. Repository<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.repository.law.indiana.edu/do/search/?q=author_lname*3A*22Fischman*22*20AND*20author_fname*3A*22Robert*22&start=0&context=1823868&sort=date_desc&facet=__;JSUlJSUlJSU!!PhOWcWs!iRG_EQ3TnErTPkG4uwmwIHWfnQdTOAD1dEmMlnzRF3BR0-ATjdQQWn6wWvRLcTSccg$>, Google Scholar<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/scholar.google.com/citations?user=I12VHb4AAAAJ&hl=en__;!!PhOWcWs!iRG_EQ3TnErTPkG4uwmwIHWfnQdTOAD1dEmMlnzRF3BR0-ATjdQQWn6wWvShExHCrw$>, or SSRN<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=440223__;!!PhOWcWs!iRG_EQ3TnErTPkG4uwmwIHWfnQdTOAD1dEmMlnzRF3BR0-ATjdQQWn6wWvS3UTLYqw$>

[maurer-bloomington-horiz]