[Fla-facrlboard] draft of message

Hornick, Julie N jhornick at flsouthern.edu
Fri Jun 12 11:35:16 EDT 2020

I think it looks great, and agree with Mark's edits.

I did look at the ALA statement (https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2020/06/ala-executive-board-stands-bcala-condemning-violence-and-racism-towards-0__;!!PhOWcWs!kvNWxNG8oqms5OzWT_EDRIUtZyIDerdaamZ29sSm1NDdAuU-pp0IVtbeYHb4FLJxyvW4czOEeg$ ), and they capitalize Black and People of Color, but the ACRL statement (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.acrl.ala.org/acrlinsider/archives/19911__;!!PhOWcWs!kvNWxNG8oqms5OzWT_EDRIUtZyIDerdaamZ29sSm1NDdAuU-pp0IVtbeYHb4FLJxyvWoKsvebQ$ ) only capitalizes Black, FWIW.

Julie N. Hornick | Instructional Services Librarian
Florida Southern College | Roux Library
she/her/hers<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why/__;!!PhOWcWs!kvNWxNG8oqms5OzWT_EDRIUtZyIDerdaamZ29sSm1NDdAuU-pp0IVtbeYHb4FLJxyvXPtC4gfw$ >
jhornick at flsouthern.edu<mailto:jhornick at flsouthern.edu>