[Fla-facrlboard] Hopin Virtual Event Platform

Alyssa Koclanes koclanan at eckerd.edu
Fri Aug 14 14:53:29 EDT 2020

It was very informative and while the session answered my questions, it did
raise some concerns for me (costs, accessibility, lack of participant and
presenter familiarity with the platform). It definitely has some advantages
though over Zoom. And unless we want attendees to register twice, we would
have to use their payment system on Hopin which would increase the cost for
us.

It may be possible for us to register attendees ourselves in Hopin however,
so after they register and pay on the FACRL website we add them to the
event in Hopin but I will need to review the information on that some more.
I thought it was mentioned in the demo earlier.

Rachel, the Pro Account is actually $18,000 a year! So not an option!

Only issue with the sign language interpreter is that we would need three
of them, due to the concurrent sessions.

Zoom currently doesn't have closed captioning either, although I've heard
it may be an option soon.

Alyssa

--
*Alyssa Koclanes, M.A.* (she/her/hers)