[Fla-facrlboard] Feedback requested: Review of graphic design for the retractable FACRL Banner

Kim Copenhaver copenhka at eckerd.edu
Tue Oct 3 13:31:55 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I submitted a request via Fivrr for a graphic designer to mock up a design
for the FACRL banner. I have attached the first draft provided by the
designer. We have a limited number of revisions and a limited window of
time to request revisions, so I hope to gather initial feedback and submit
a consolidated list of revisions as soon as possible.

A list of requested revisions that didn't meet the original specifications
are below:

   -

   Enlarge the logo at the top of the banner
   -

   Please add the FACRL website which should read https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__facrl.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=ErNLMQvDS5BZrIZeelL-Nylx-JsCfC_BTnGrpOVKn70&m=sVuHfy2m5wefXQ6oErFs__2FsZpNr8281f-S0CgVdr8&s=lrsY8vzvwWO61RQxQ3ZMRCtxKju0Ev3JJ-x74tgn3X0&e=
   -

   Consider replacing the dark teal elements with orange to reflect the
   logo design.
   -

   Replace the palm tree in the center diamond with ................
   -

   Consider enlarging the small descriptor placed under the logo reads as
   follows: "The Florida state chapter of the Association for College &
   Research Libraries, a division of the American Library Association."

Any ideas for the center of the diamond? I don't have any photos to
suggest, but had originally suggested using the Palm tree element of the
logo as a start and placeholder. My guess is that the logo is not of high
enough quality. Do we have a eps or vector file of the original logo or
perhaps access to a photo that would be representative of FACRL/ACRL?

[image: Inline image 1]

Please
​respond with
 feedback at your earliest convenience. I hope to submit a consolidated
list of revisions by tomorrow morning.

​est regards,
​

*Kimberly A. CopenhaverPresident, Florida Chapter of ACRLBehavioral
Sciences Librarian/Associate Professor of Reference, Instruction and Access
ServicesEckerd College | 4200 54th Avenue South | St. Petersburg, FL
 33711copenhka at eckerd.edu <copenhka at eckerd.edu> |(727) 864-7518
<(727)%20864-7518> | https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__eckerd.edu_library&d=DwIFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=ErNLMQvDS5BZrIZeelL-Nylx-JsCfC_BTnGrpOVKn70&m=sVuHfy2m5wefXQ6oErFs__2FsZpNr8281f-S0CgVdr8&s=Md00V7wbEjVE2qdhuNtjPtBYtlQJnh1gaYDzpkPknyo&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__eckerd.edu_library&d=DwIFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=ErNLMQvDS5BZrIZeelL-Nylx-JsCfC_BTnGrpOVKn70&m=sVuHfy2m5wefXQ6oErFs__2FsZpNr8281f-S0CgVdr8&s=Md00V7wbEjVE2qdhuNtjPtBYtlQJnh1gaYDzpkPknyo&e= >*