[Fla-facrl] FACRL 2022 Annual Conference (virtual) Final Program - Register Today

Nancy Schuler schulenl at eckerd.edu
Wed Oct 5 09:23:18 EDT 2022

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://facrl.wildapricot.org/event-4911060__;!!PhOWcWs!3ktjyqqHs_zCdWYfMR97Roea3z8P60yEzQmtOWHPAk76L7gVsRUDheByVOL7VY5rVMI0uTyz2b4yqXsoPLAbNU3U1Hg$  >

*Final Program Now AvailableRegister Today!*

The Florida Association of College & Research Libraries (FACRL) is pleased
to announce our final program for the FACRL 2022 Annual Conference
(virtual)  <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://facrl.wildapricot.org/FACRL-2022-Program__;!!PhOWcWs!3ktjyqqHs_zCdWYfMR97Roea3z8P60yEzQmtOWHPAk76L7gVsRUDheByVOL7VY5rVMI0uTyz2b4yqXsoPLAbQxNIUpM$  >on Friday,
October 21, 2022. This year's conference will be focused on *Information
Ethics & Access*. Information access is one of the cornerstone values of
the library profession. How do libraries facilitate equitable and ethical
access to different types of information? How can we as library staff help
overcome internal and external barriers to information access? This year's
program encourages librarians and library staff to explore, share, and
discuss different aspects of information access and ethics.

The opening speaker for the FACRL 2022 Annual Conference will be Dr. John
Burgess from the University of Alabama School of Information! Dr. Burgess’
research focuses on moral reasoning and sustainability ethics for library
and information science professionals. He teaches courses in the areas of
information ethics, academic librarianship and information literacy and is
active in several information ethics and policy related special interest
groups. His keynote address will focus on moral reasoning skills in the
prevention of vocational awe and burnout in academic libraries. Don't miss
this important and highly relevant talk! Register for the conference today!

This year's conference has something for everyone, including:

   - Twelve presentations in three concurrent tracks
   - Six poster presentations
   - Lunch & Learn sponsored EBSCO and Baker & Taylor
   - Mid-day chair yoga
   - Interactive happy hour session

*FACRL 2022 Annual Conference Details *

*Conference Date:* Friday, October 21st, 2022, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

*Location: *Online via ZOOM - attend and participate from wherever you are!

*Conference Website:* https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://facrl.wildapricot.org/Annual-Conference__;!!PhOWcWs!3ktjyqqHs_zCdWYfMR97Roea3z8P60yEzQmtOWHPAk76L7gVsRUDheByVOL7VY5rVMI0uTyz2b4yqXsoPLAbD7uegIk$

*Registration Information:  *

   - FACRL Members: $0 (Free registration)
   - Out-of-State OR Non-FACRL Members: $15 (conference only)
   - Non-FACRL Members: $30 (includes a 1-year FACRL membership)
   - Presenters: $0 (free registration with code - to be provided)

Register Now <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://facrl.wildapricot.org/event-4911060/Registration__;!!PhOWcWs!3ktjyqqHs_zCdWYfMR97Roea3z8P60yEzQmtOWHPAk76L7gVsRUDheByVOL7VY5rVMI0uTyz2b4yqXsoPLAbbCpgLwU$  >

*A special message to our friends and colleagues across the state:*

Dear Colleagues,

My thoughts go out to all of you impacted by Hurricane Ian this past week.
Many of you may still be still struggling to get your basic needs met and
this is no time to be worrying about meetings and conferences.  We still
hope to see you on Zoom, but we realize attendance may be down this year.
We plan to record all sessions so you may be able to catch up later.  I am
also in Lee County and seeing my community come together to help each other
is amazing despite the long road to recovery.  Many of our library
colleagues are deployed with FEMA, helping supply distribution sites, and
opening up their homes for childcare and shelter.  Please know we are
thinking of you.

Rachel Cooke, FACRL President
rcooke at fgcu.edu

[image: FACRL logo] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://facrl.wildapricot.org/__;!!PhOWcWs!3ktjyqqHs_zCdWYfMR97Roea3z8P60yEzQmtOWHPAk76L7gVsRUDheByVOL7VY5rVMI0uTyz2b4yqXsoPLAbO3xmqEw$  >