[Fla-facrl] Collection Fees for Lost Items

Shannon Schane SSchane at polk.edu
Thu Apr 29 16:53:55 EDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

Our staff recently realized we have a few collection fees for lost items which are woefully outdated (e.g., $200 for a lost DVD, $0.00 for a reference book, etc...). This discovery has prompted a review of the dollar values we assign to our lost items.

We are hoping you would be willing to share with us how your institution assesses lost items in your collections and your specific pricing structure, if any. Are there exceptions to that structure? Are there current resources you used to determine your pricing?

I would greatly appreciate if you would contact me, off list, with any information you would be willing to share.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Shannon

Shannon Schane
Librarian
Polk State College
999 Ave H NE
Winter Haven, Fl 33881
863-298-6813
Please Note: Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from College employees regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this email communication may be subject to public disclosure.

Save a tree - Think before you print this email