[Fla-facrl] FACRL 2020 - Call for Proposals

Nancy Schuler schulenl at eckerd.edu
Tue May 19 09:31:28 EDT 2020

[image: facrl logo.jpg]

*Apologies for cross posting*

Call for Proposals

Demonstrating the Value of Academic Libraries during the COVID-19 Pandemic

The Florida Chapter of ACRL (FACRL <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://facrl.org/__;!!PhOWcWs!iGMiojAbjmTpgO7RGy63ho0YTY1n-PILKAdvIL6h2hY458KY4JsWmQi7VuEIB8Ygpu_zeg$ >) is seeking
proposals for presentations and poster sessions for the 2020 FACRL Virtual
Annual Conference <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://facrl.wildapricot.org/Annual-Conference__;!!PhOWcWs!iGMiojAbjmTpgO7RGy63ho0YTY1n-PILKAdvIL6h2hY458KY4JsWmQi7VuEIB8Zn4R5mIw$ >, which
will be held online on Friday, October 16, 2020.  As academic institutions
around the country have shifted their focus to delivering instruction
online during the 2020 pandemic, how have academic libraries continued to
demonstrate their value? Stay-at-home orders and social distancing efforts
have forced us to evaluate how we deliver our services in order to support
our communities. How are we redefining our work and what challenges and
opportunities does this present? As we continue to deal with the
uncertainties of the future, how do we allow for reflection, planning, and
development in order to demonstrate our value to our institutions and build
resiliency within our libraries?

Online presentations and posters may address the following topics, but all
proposals relevant to the impact of academic libraries during the
coronavirus pandemic will be considered:

   -

   Shifting information literacy instruction online - adapting instruction
   for synchronous and/or asynchronous learning; addressing misinformation
   during the pandemic
   -

   Case studies in collection development & e-Resource management -
   acquisitions, promotion, and planning for the future
   -

   Open Access/Open Educational Resources - is now the time to seize the
   moment?
   -

   Library leadership during times of crisis: building and staffing
   policies, social distancing, reopening procedures, advocating for and
   protecting our most important assets (our people!)
   -

   Assessment metrics for demonstrating impact - what works, what is
   meaningful?
   -

   Experiences with virtual reference support
   -

   When there are no students on campus: student engagement when the
   library is closed; reincorporating library student workers when the
   building is closed
   -

   Initiatives with the broader campus community to support student
   retention, faculty teaching, etc.
   -

   Time management and self-care during lockdown: strategies for managing
   stress and mental health

Proposals for presentations, posters, and lightning round presentations are
due by June 30, 2020 and can be submitted using the online submission form
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/xt3CSruEMaFaMT2C9__;!!PhOWcWs!iGMiojAbjmTpgO7RGy63ho0YTY1n-PILKAdvIL6h2hY458KY4JsWmQi7VuEIB8aC39oxqA$ >. Selected presenters will receive
free registration to the virtual conference.

Presentations should be a total of 45 minutes in length, which would
include time provided for questions. Posters will be shared during a
virtual poster session during the conference. Lightning round presentations
are 5 minutes in length. Follow this link to the rubric
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTLQ3aMjDtnWZIqX3YB_oTI5Wzz_-mYK1AwlXhEqfzg/edit__;!!PhOWcWs!iGMiojAbjmTpgO7RGy63ho0YTY1n-PILKAdvIL6h2hY458KY4JsWmQi7VuEIB8Zpj9q0ZA$ >
that will be used to score all proposals. Acceptance emails will be sent on
or before July 31, 2020.

Presentations and posters of superior quality may be considered for future
publication in The Reference Librarian
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/wref20__;!!PhOWcWs!iGMiojAbjmTpgO7RGy63ho0YTY1n-PILKAdvIL6h2hY458KY4JsWmQi7VuEIB8Zl4n0qlA$ >, a major refereed journal published
by Taylor and Francis. Consider reviewing the Instructions for Authors
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?show=instructions&journalCode=wref20__;!!PhOWcWs!iGMiojAbjmTpgO7RGy63ho0YTY1n-PILKAdvIL6h2hY458KY4JsWmQi7VuEIB8ZF1HMChw$ >to
learn about the expectations of content and writing for this peer-reviewed
journal, which utilizes APA 7th edition style. Please contact co-editors
Lauri Rebar and Steve Black (lrebar at fau.edu, seblack at colgate.edu) with any
questions.

Inquiries may be sent to the FACRL Conference Program Committee chair,
Nancy Schuler (schulenl at eckerd.edu).

--
*Nancy Schuler, MLIS *
Assistant Professor, e-Resources & Collection Development Librarian, Eckerd

Eckerd College <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.eckerd.edu/library__;!!PhOWcWs!iGMiojAbjmTpgO7RGy63ho0YTY1n-PILKAdvIL6h2hY458KY4JsWmQi7VuEIB8b4vNRg_g$ >
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, Florida 33711
[image: Eckerd College logo]