[FCLCA] Succession plan for tutors?

Jennifer Bebergal bebergal at fau.edu
Mon Dec 6 13:21:20 EST 2021

Hi Rebecca,

Not sure if you got any responses to this. At FAU, we have a standard starting pay for our peer tutors ($13/hour). They get increases each semester upon successful completion of the CRLA training and required components. So second semester tutors typically make $13.50 upon completion of Level I; third semester at $14 upon completion of Level II and they max out at $15/hour in their fourth semester after completion of Level III requirements. We do require completion of training requirements for rehire, however we do have students in some lower utilization courses that might remain at the same level due to not reaching the minimum number of tutoring hours.

We do have a few professional tutors. They are all paid $15/hour with a bachelor's degree or $20/hour with a graduate degree. They cannot be enrolled as a student to earn those and we have VERY few - only for a few select courses where we don't have qualified student applicants.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
-Jennifer

Jennifer Bebergal, Ed.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Support and Student Learning
Certified Learning Center Professional - Level 4, Lifetime
Florida Atlantic University
777 Glades Road, GS 225
Boca Raton, FL 33431
561-297-2432
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.fau.edu/CLASS__;!!PhOWcWs!lKwzMnJ2HabK6vtIrKtY58ueGmiNfnoFe7rvLIytKLEeHCYoM4DGogXqmwU81ToRcA$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.fau.edu/CLASS__;!!PhOWcWs!lKwzMnJ2HabK6vtIrKtY58ueGmiNfnoFe7rvLIytKLEeHCYoM4DGogXqmwU81ToRcA$ >
She/Her/Hers