[FCLCA] Succession plan for tutors?

Caskey, Rebecca caskeyr at scf.edu
Thu Dec 2 09:31:57 EST 2021

Good morning, everyone!
Many on my full-time tutor team have indicated the desire to gain professional development to either get a raise or move into a higher position within the college. However, we don't have a strong track for that. Does anyone have a tiered system for tutor salary based on experience or gained expertise on the job? (Many of our tutors continue taking higher level coursework to increase their repertoire of subjects to tutor.) Or does anyone have a system in place to assist tutors in developing skills for other academic positions within the college? With the subjects being so diverse, I'm having trouble structuring a proposal that is objective.

I hope your semesters are winding down smoothly. Thanks in advance for any help!

Becca (she/her)<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mypronouns.org/she-her__;!!PhOWcWs!n2Za62IUxwgssgmLraASZPYmSPemSuuF_y4Ym2xcGNbvbvLn64buR9COnzOdDfgEiw$ >

Rebecca Caskey

Manager of the Tutoring and Academic Success Center

[cid:5c2d061e-49f0-48e1-9213-f2ff87584363]

State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota

5840 26th St. W. | Bradenton, FL 34207

Tel:  941-752-5660 | Cell:  941-681-0861

CaskeyR at SCF.edu<mailto:CaskeyR at SCF.edu>| SCF.edu<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.scf.edu/__;!!PhOWcWs!n2Za62IUxwgssgmLraASZPYmSPemSuuF_y4Ym2xcGNbvbvLn64buR9COnzMmvE5jOg$ >

Follow us: Facebook<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.facebook.com/statecollegeofflorida__;!!PhOWcWs!n2Za62IUxwgssgmLraASZPYmSPemSuuF_y4Ym2xcGNbvbvLn64buR9COnzPGi7jIkQ$ > | Twitter<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/SCFnow__;!!PhOWcWs!n2Za62IUxwgssgmLraASZPYmSPemSuuF_y4Ym2xcGNbvbvLn64buR9COnzPUGD4yEA$ > | LinkedIn<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.linkedin.com/school/state-college-of-florida-manatee-sarasota/__;!!PhOWcWs!n2Za62IUxwgssgmLraASZPYmSPemSuuF_y4Ym2xcGNbvbvLn64buR9COnzP6w4Vyyg$ >

Due to Florida's broad public records law, most written communication to or from College employees is public record, available to the public and the media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.