[Eoas-seminar] Fw: Mathematics Special Colloquium today

eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu eoas-seminar at lists.fsu.edu
Wed Nov 9 11:20:12 EST 2022

________________________________
From: Wojciech Ozanski <wozanski at fsu.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 9, 2022 8:08 AM
To: Robert Hart <rhart at fsu.edu>
Subject: Mathematics Special Colloquium today

Dear Professor Hart,

I hope you are well. There will be a special colloquium in the Department of Mathematics today, which I believe could be of interest to some of the members of EOAS. Could you please share the details below (see also a poster attached) with the members?

Best wishes,
Wojciech Ozanski

Special Colloquium, Dept of Mathematics,
Wed 9th Nov, 3.05pm in LOV 101
Speaker: Diego Cordoba (ICMAT, Madrid, Spain)
Title: Interface dynamics for two incompressible fluids: the Muskat problem.
Abstract: The Muskat equation governs the motion of an interface separation of two incompressible fluids in a porous media. In this talk I will discuss the local well-posedness, shift of stability, mixing solutions, global existence and finite time singularities for the Muskat problem.