[Discipuli] Honors in the Major

James Sickinger jsicking at fsu.edu
Fri Mar 26 10:19:28 EDT 2021

Dear Classics Majors,

Students who plan to graduate next spring (spring 2022) and are interested in pursuing "Honors in the Major" should be in touch with me as soon as possible.

To receive "Honors in the Major" in Classics, students write an Honors thesis under the direction of a faculty advisor and a thesis committe over the course of two semesters, usually their last two semesters before graduation. Students must have a 3.20 GPA (FSU and Cumulative) at the end of the semester of application and have completed at least 60  hours of coursework. More information can be found on the Honors in the Major website (https://honors.fsu.edu/honors-major).

Writing a thesis is challenging, but it is also rewarding and provides an opportunity for students to pursue research on a topic of interest.

The deadline to start working on an Honors Thesis, for those intending to graduate in spring 2022, is Friday, April 2. The application is not difficult, but it requires identifying a Thesis Advisor and a few signatures. The application portal can be found here: https://honorsinthemajor-fsu-apply.smapply.us/

So, please be in touch with me if this is an opportunity that interests you.

Hope your semesters are going smoothly; we are entering the home stretch!

Dr Sickinger