[Discipuli] Fwd: Submit to Harvard Persephone!

James Sickinger jsicking at fsu.edu
Sun Oct 18 06:41:36 EDT 2020

Dear Classics Undergrads,

The Harvard undergraduate Classics journal, "Persephone,"  is inviting submissions from undergraduate students of Classics; it welcomes both creative (art, poetry) and academic work. See the details below (submissions due December 31). Also keep in mind Philomathes "A Journal for Undergraduate Research in Classics"<https://www.apsu.edu/philomathes/>; its submission dealine is November 16.

Dr Sickinger

Dear undergraduate classicists,

We are excited to announce that the Harvard Undergraduate Classics Journal, Persephone, is now accepting submissions for our Spring 2021 Issue until December 31st! If you would like to see your work published, please send your submission to us at harvardpersephone at gmail.com<mailto:harvardpersephone at gmail.com>.

All submissions must relate to the field of Classics in some way. There are no requirements with regards to submission length or format, although we do not accept theses in their entirety. Please consider submitting a variety of works including but not limited to original poems, artwork, photography, translations, passage commentaries, discussions, essays, and other creative and academic pieces. It should be noted, however, that the number of longer academic submissions being accepted will be limited due to finite space in the journal.

We will confirm submission upon receipt and select pieces for publication by mid-January; our editors work with authors throughout the editing process for publication in early March.

Please visit our website<https://projects.iq.harvard.edu/persephone> if you wish to peruse previous issues for further inspiration, or if you’d like to learn more about submission requirements. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions: we ask that you send all inquiries to harvardpersephone at gmail.com.

We hope that you will consider taking advantage of this opportunity to share your work with fellow enthusiasts of the ancient Mediterranean world.

Kind regards,

-Fiona

Fiona McFerrin-Clancy, Editor-in-Chief
https://projects.iq.harvard.edu/persephone/
Harvard University Department of the Classics
204 Boylston Hall
Harvard Yard
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 495-4027