[COGS] Declaration of Candidacy Reminder

COGS Deputy Speaker for Communication SGA-COGS-Communication at fsu.edu
Fri Sep 29 08:50:45 EDT 2023

Good morning, Representatives!

With the deadline approaching next week, I'm sending this reminder that each member of COGS wishing to be re-elected to their seat (including new petitioners) is required to submit a Declaration of Candidacy form by October 4th at 4:00pm. Here is the link to complete the Declaration of Candidacy form: http://fla.st/vote

This can be completed on a mobile device or laptop/computer. It will take approximately 2-5 minutes to complete. You will need to have your EMPLID when filling out the form. You will need to type in the seat (number) you are running for (your current seat OR a different open position) followed by the organization (Congress of Graduate Students). Current seat numbers are updated on the COGS website. Please ensure you are running for your current seat (if you are not running for another open position) so that more than one person does not run for the same seat. You should not required to report your party affiliation, but if you are forced to, then it might be best to pick independent.

Attached please find and note the calendar dates for upcoming election deadlines. COGS candidates are not required to attend the candidate seminars. However, COGS students must still submit campaign contributions forms and Final Expense Statements.

An example of a campaign contribution statement (Due October 18th) might be:

Dear SGA Elections,

      I am writing to declare that I have not received any campaign donations for *your seat name/number* within the Congress of Graduate Students. Kindly advise if I should provide further documentation to support this matter.

*Your signature*

Best,

Laura Vaughn
(She/Her)