[COGS] [Feb 7, 8, 9] FSU Day at the Capitol

COGSSpeaker COGSSpeaker at admin.fsu.edu
Sat Feb 5 13:54:58 EST 2022

Hello 30th COGS,

I trust you are doing well and taking care!

FSU Day at the Capitol has become one of the most popular traditions during the legislative session and provides a wonderful opportunity to showcase our University’s programs and accomplishments to our friends in the State legislature.
Through this event, Florida State University emphasize it's long and proud heritage and brings attention to the extraordinary achievements of our students, faculty, and staff. Mark your calendars for this Garnet and Gold event on February 9!

[cid:784658b8-d178-4ec4-bb74-d3435300e3ab][cid:33d7a355-ed34-4166-ac82-7067024cba0c]

While everyone at FSU is welcome to attend this, I wanted to draw your attention to the Office of Governmental Affairs (OGA)'s<https://sga.fsu.edu/oga.shtml> particular request to COGS Representatives to help lobby, be present, and advocate on behalf of FSU's post-baccalaureate students. Please read the email carefully and let me [cogsspeaker at fsu.edu or (970)691-6431] or OGA Director Rawan Abhari (she/her/hers) [director.oga.fsu at gmail.com or ‪(636) 489-9001] know if you have any questions.

Itinerary of events:

Lobbying Training:
Monday, Feb 7th, 4- 5pm ET, Capitol Building
SIGN UP here<https://fsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_abplYJqogKknufQ> [due 2/6]
This training is mandatory if you would like to lobby on Wednesday.

*If you are unable to make this training time due to prior academic commitments, and would still want to participate in lobbying efforts on Wednesday, Feb 9th, please reach out to OGA Director.

Seminole Evening Reception:
Tuesday, Feb 8th, 5:30 pm ET, 22nd Floor Capitol
Preceding the Day at the Capitol’s festivities, a "Seminole Evening" reception will be held, this special event is sponsored by the FSU Student Government Association<https://sga.fsu.edu/> and all University supporters are welcome to attend.

*If you can not make it to the training lobbying on Monday, or the Day at the Capitol events on Wednesday, I highly encourage you to at least come to this reception. There will be a lot of good food and networking opportunities with folks at the University leadership and Florida State leadership. Business formal professional attire expected.

Day at the Capitol:
Wednesday, Feb 9th, 9 - 2 pm, Capitol Building

As always, FSU Day at the Capitol will include informative displays, which will be positioned throughout the plaza level, second and third-floor rotundas. Also featured will be University celebrities – administrators, legislative alumni, and more – along with performances by the FSU pep band, cheerleaders, and the Flying High Circus.
The annual salute to Florida State’s significant contributions to our state will take place from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
A special celebration of all things FSU will take place in the Capitol courtyard beginning at 11:30 a.m. with refreshments available for all to enjoy.
If your department has not yet signed up to display your achievements, please contact Toni Moore in the FSU Governmental Relations office at tmoore at fsu.edu or 850-644-3847.

Lobbying Information [due 2/6]: If you are able to commit to the Monday training, and attend for at least two hours on Wednesday, we will assign you to a lobbying group. You will be able to talk to State leadership in the Capitol on post-baccalaureate issues as it pertains to the Legislative Agenda<https://sga.fsu.edu/archives/73rd-Senate/resolutions/11.10.21-resolution-83.pdf> (attached) that OGA Director Rawan explained in detail at our last Assembly meeting on 1/24.

Tabling/Display Information: If you wish to table and represent COGS in a non-lobbying capacity, please sign up for at least two hours on Wednesday using this sign up sheet<https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f4fa9a82aa2f9c07-fsuday> that Student Affairs Committee Chair: Hannah Smith, put together. We will take tabling items from Thagard Building such as our tent, some swag, etc, to meet and greet folks at the Capitol.
COGS Display Volunteer Sign-Up<https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f4fa9a82aa2f9c07-fsuday>

Please let me [cogsspeaker at fsu.edu or (970)691-6431] or OGA Director Rawan Abhari (she/her/hers) [director.oga.fsu at gmail.com or ‪(636) 489-9001] know if you have any questions.

Thank you so much for reading through this email. Essentially, this is a valuable opportunity for our 30th COGS to put a face to our names, and put stories to our grad students' often research-y lives! Take care and see you soon! 😄

-
Kind regards,

[cid:7e73f02b-0dd1-45fa-93b6-3e1f1bf4d3ab]<https://sga.fsu.edu/cogs.shtml>

Office: Thagard 422
Phone: ‪850-644-1811
COGSspeaker at admin.fsu.edu
Gaurav Harshe, M.S.  🔊<https://www.name-coach.com/gauravharshe>
<https://www.name-coach.com/gauravharshe>(Gaww-Ruhv Harr-Shay,  तो/ he/ him/ él/ 他)
Speaker, Congress of Graduate Students

M.S. in Higher Education ('22) | College of Education

The Florida State University

[DAP_Icon_Web]<https://sga.fsu.edu/cogs.shtml> [DAP_Icon_Facebook-sm] <https://www.facebook.com/FSUCOGS>  [DAP_Icon_Instagram_sm] <https://www.instagram.com/cogsfsu/>  [DAP_Icon_Twitter_sm] <https://twitter.com/COGSFSU>  @COGSFSU