[COGS] TomProject

COGSSpeaker COGSSpeaker at admin.fsu.edu
Tue Jun 1 19:56:32 EDT 2021

Dear all,

It brings me tremendous excitement to inform you all that the $150,000 that COGS allocated for the TomProject AEDs was approved by Student Affairs! I can’t say how proud I am of this organization for stepping up and tackling a project of this magnitude and importance. I know that none of you knew Tom Idowu, but I thought I would share that Tom’s mom found out about the project last week and called Jonathan expressing how much it meant to her that this project was happening. Her gratitude should be uplifting for everyone as it was derived from the actions of this Congress.

While COGS may never have a surplus of this proportion again, I hope this project serves as a reminder of the broader impact COGS is capable of having on our community. It just takes a little bit of creativity and A LOT of will power. I hope you all enjoy your night and will see you all at assembly next Monday.

Sincerely,

CHRIS HAGEMEYER, Congress of Graduate Students, Speaker
Florida State University
College of Medicine, Doctoral Candidate in Biomedical Sciences
web sga.fsu.edu/cogs.shtml | fb FSUCOGS | twt COGSFSU