[COGS] Coffee and Conversations

COGS Deputy Speaker for Communication SGA-COGS-Communication at fsu.edu
Mon Feb 1 16:27:25 EST 2021

Hi Everyone,

I was recently lucky enough to be a part of the Coffee and Conversation video chat series. It was a really cool experience for me and The Office of Graduate Fellowships and Awards is looking for more incredible graduate students to talk about their work. It only takes about twenty minutes and you will have the opportunity to share the work you're really passionate about. There are details below, but do get in contact with Honorine Rouiller at hr18f at fsu.edu. Thanks!

Details:

The work and research in action of graduate students at Florida State University broadly impacts the campus community and the world around us. The Office of Graduate Fellowships and Awards (OGFA) initiated Grad Impact: Digital Narratives Project<https://ogfa.fsu.edu/gradimpact> aims to capture and amplify the voice of the lived graduate student experience at FSU through video, podcast, and written narratives. These oral histories are then preserved as permanent records in a collection established for The Graduate School in the FSU Heritage and University Archives, DigiNole: FSU’s Digital Repository<http://fsu.digital.flvc.org/islandora/search/?type=edismax&collection=fsu%3Ahpuagradschoologfa>.

Back in March 2020, we launched a Coffee and Conversation video chat series to encourage graduate and undergraduate students and FSU alumni to stay connected and continue to build community during the COVID-19 social interaction shift. The video is pretty much 20 minutes of informal talk with another graduate student about life, research, and work during these very unusual times. We would love to be able to highlight all of the work that you have been able to continue amid COVID and to get to know what your journey has been like here at FSU especially your involvement in COGS!

Here is a link to a few of the videos from this past summer Coffee and Conversation video playlist<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaC58FYSDcAXFi8IUyETJKPO5PxX4uQCu__;!!Epnw_ITfSMW4!8WpZt-dlKzk14v1B6tzfMASJu2ba3Fv6RblDaeV2-BeL3zdvrSOZXHpet0ALNlPz7Q$>. If you are interested in participating, please submit profile info here<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__fsu.qualtrics.com_jfe_form_SV-5F1M0f5t4rqBSpnCJ&d=DwMFAg&c=MNHwOqQ8N1u91SoMLfIblwuGXKgp50OPUXjl8uRAbak&r=XfvruxMhc0fObw0wFSA7Lw&m=l9Wx2CqL1Xb-0SzT8KsPOTS2TDJZfj-6Ww_zo4jatZ4&s=UFuhyOfwdIKr5ejqui1weI5kvrGXVIfZQU5ovXXVH_o&e=> and email Honorine Rouiller hr18f at fsu.edu, fellow graduate student and GradImpact project manager with your availability.

Tiffani Mendez
(She/Her)
Deputy Speaker of Communications
Congress of Graduate Students