[Art-instructors] FW: Wiley journal cancellations

Keith Patterson kpatterson2 at fsu.edu
Thu Sep 17 15:17:48 EDT 2020

From: Leah Sherman <lrsherman at fsu.edu>

Dear all,

As part of cost-reduction efforts in this tight budget year, FSU Libraries is considering cancelling the 156 lowest use titles in our Wiley database. We will still retain access to the remaining 1000+ journal titles that are considered high use by the FSU community. Articles in the cancelled journal titles can still be requested through interlibrary loan.

The attached spreadsheet includes the 156 lowest use journal titles highlighted in blue at the bottom. Based on subject classifications in the database, the following journal titles of broad interest to the arts and humanities are:

THE ECUMENICAL REVIEW
HUMANITIES
RELIGION & THEOLOGY
JOURNAL OF SUPREME COURT HISTORY
HUMANITIES
HISTORY
MUSIC ANALYSIS
ART & APPLIED ARTS
PERFORMING ARTS & MUSIC
DESIGN MANAGEMENT REVIEW
ART & APPLIED ARTS
DESIGN HISTORY & THEORY AND GRAPHIC DESIGN
PARLIAMENTARY HISTORY
HUMANITIES
HISTORY
PHILOSOPHICAL FORUM
HUMANITIES
PHILOSOPHY
ETHICS & HUMAN RESEARCH
HUMANITIES
PHILOSOPHY
TRANSACTIONS OF THE PHILOLOGICAL SOCIETY
HUMANITIES
LANGUAGE & LINGUISTICS
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY
HUMANITIES
RELIGION & THEOLOGY
GERMAN QUARTERLY
HUMANITIES
CULTURAL STUDIES
INTERNATIONAL REVIEW OF MISSION
HUMANITIES
RELIGION & THEOLOGY
THEORIA
HUMANITIES
PHILOSOPHY
STUDIA LINGUISTICA: A JOURNAL OF GENERAL LINGUISTICS
HUMANITIES
LANGUAGE & LINGUISTICS
DIE UNTERRICHTSPRAXIS/TEACHING GERMAN
HUMANITIES
LANGUAGE & LINGUISTICS
THOUGHT: A JOURNAL OF PHILOSOPHY
HUMANITIES
PHILOSOPHY
PHILOSOPHICAL INVESTIGATIONS
HUMANITIES
PHILOSOPHY
SYNTAX
HUMANITIES
LANGUAGE & LINGUISTICS
CENTAURUS
HUMANITIES
HISTORY

While the majority of these 156 titles are not in the visual and performing arts disciplines, in the interest of transparency and with the acknowledgement of the importance of interdisciplinary research, I want you to be informed that we are having this discussion, and that, while these titles are slated to be cancelled you will still be able to request articles from these journals via ILL once the subscription ends.

Please let me know if they have any concerns or questions.

Best,
Leah
Leah Sherman
Visual & Performing Arts Librarian