[Art-instructors] Grading S/U or P/F

Stephanie James sljames at fsu.edu
Mon Mar 16 18:04:18 EDT 2020

Hi all,

The Fine and Performing Arts work group is meeting again tomorrow at 1:00 and I have just this minute been given the task of gathering your thoughts. What are the pros and cons, questions about how it might work, and possible barrier that we would need to address if we were to move to S/U or P/F instead of letter grades for this semester? Please, if you have time send me your thoughts. I want to push for it being a choice that you make – many of you have already completed a significant amount of grading and may not want to abandon it, however it will also be difficult to navigate the nuances of the grading matrices when students are working remotely.

Let me know

Thanks

Stephanie James
Chair, Department of Art