[Art-instructors] FW: Rising Water exhibition and events

Keith Patterson kpatterson2 at fsu.edu
Thu Jan 16 11:13:53 EST 2020

Dear faculty and students,

I hope you will join Meredith Lynn, curator at MoFA, and me TONIGHT from 6-8 PM at the Museum of Fine Arts for the opening of Rising Water, an exhibition we curated about artists working in response to hurricanes in the southeastern United States and the Caribbean. The exhibition runs through March 28th.

Artists in the exhibition include Frances Gallardo, Willie Birch, Aspen Mays, Keith Calhoun, Chandra McCormick, Richard Misrach, Sarah Welch, and Trenton Doyle Hancock.

⭐We are thrilled to announce that we received a National Endowment for the Arts grant for this exhibition! ⭐

Check out the email from MoFA with a full calendar of Thursday evening events during the run of the exhibition<https://mofa.fsu.edu/news/thursday-evenings-at-mofa/>, and please be sure to mark your calendar for the following:

  *   Thursday January 23rd 6:30 PM Curator walk through with Jessica Ingram and Meredith Lynn

  *   February 13th 7:00 PM FAB 249 Aspen Mays Visiting Artist Talk, brought to you by Department of Fine Arts and MoFA

  *   March 5th 7:00 PM FAB 249 Frances Gallardo Visiting Artist Talk, brought to you by Department of Fine Arts and MoFA, with support from the President's Diversity and Inclusion Grant

Hope to see you all tonight!

Sincerely,

Jessica Ingram
Jessica Ingram