[Agedirectors] FW: USA Today Op Ed Piece on Diversity in Aging

Neil Charness charness at psy.fsu.edu
Tue Apr 7 12:54:05 EDT 2020

Hi Folks:

Thought it would be useful to update you on editorials our Directors are having published in media sources.  Below is one for Karen Fingerman.

Also wanted to share an initiative we are doing at our institute to help reconnect seniors.  We are preparing instruction sets for seniors on how to sign up for a personal zoom account, schedule a meeting, and join a zoom meeting (PC and Mac versions).  This is in the context of a train the trainers initiative to get seniors to volunteer to help put some of the senior center courses online, given that the local senior center is closed down.  When ready, I'll post a link to the instruction sets, likely on the ISL web site.

Best, Neil

Neil Charness, Ph.D., William G. Chase Professor of Psychology
Director, Institute for Successful Longevity www.isl.fsu.edu<http:// www.isl.fsu.edu>
Department of Psychology, Florida State University
1107 West Call Street, Tallahassee, Florida, USA 32306-4301
Phone (office): 850-644-6686; Fax: 850-644-7739
E-mail: charness at psy.fsu.edu<mailto:charness at psy.fsu.edu>; http://www.psy.fsu.edu/~charness/