[Art-instructors] Upcoming Events

Celeste Ivory mivory at fsu.edu
Tue Feb 7 15:37:49 EST 2023

Dear Department of Art,

Please mark your calendars for the following upcoming events:

  *
 Job talk by Adéwálé Adénlé<https://www.adenle.com/>, Painting and Drawing Candidate, is at 5 p.m. today in FAB249.
Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 5:00-6:00p.m. in FAB249: 50-minute job talk with 10 min QA

  *
Wednesday, February 8 + Thursday, February 9 – Clay Club – Ceramic Sale in FAB Lobby from 9am – 3pm
[cid:c2ea4b53-59a1-4cc8-8bb0-12f67364546f]

  *
Friday, February 10, 2023, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. – L.O.V.E.: Letterpress Open house Valentine Event with SCAP at the Faciilty for Arts Research (FAR), 3216 Sessions Road
Come letterpress print Valentine postcards with Small Craft Advisory Press at the Facility for Arts Research. Try your hand at printing using our Vandercook printing presses to create unique Valentines for your boos, baes, and butter snoozles. We’ll provide instruction, paper, and an array of valentine-themed printing materials to help you create your Valentines. After printing, we’ll help you trim down your valentines so they’re ready to pop in the mail. We’ll also have writing utensils on hand so you can complete your postcards with odes to your loved ones before you leave. This event is free and open to the public.

[cid:55f897a4-d879-4630-a6ca-8255aa849cd2]

Free Yoga Classes at CAB

with June Dollar

Friday, February 10, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Carnaghi Arts Building, 2214 Belle Vue Way. Destress with like-minded artists and thinkers. For all Experience levels.

[cid:ab91c202-81ec-4a1b-a306-e516a8eb5028]

Deadline to submit your work to be included in "I don't like talking about my love life" is Monday, February 13. Click Here to Submit! <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSesJW2uP03Vauf2sZ1avHdJKP1TQPrLPtApzyveRQmrNh_EBQ/viewform>
 [cid:9ba2f24d-986d-4261-9714-86a5caf19e5f]

Applications for the 2022-2023 Excellence in the Visual Arts Exhibition Awards are DUE: Tuesday, February 14. All Department of Art students are encouraged to apply.

The following link contains Undergraduate and Graduate award descriptions and application links: https://art.fsu.edu/opportunities/scholarships-grants/department-of-art-student-awards-2/

The Student Excellence in the Visual Arts Exhibition Awards are given to outstanding undergraduate and graduate students for work of exceptional artistic achievement. Students must be currently enrolled and in good academic standing.

[cid:70cde3de-4a20-488a-9796-e294586d2d16]

Friday, February 17 – CFA ‘Classroom to Career’ Grant applications DUE
The College of Fine Arts has created an exciting new funding opportunity for our students! Classroom to Career Grants are available now for the 22-23 academic year to help provide funding for travel in support of experiential learning and career preparation.
These grants celebrate the amazing contributions our students make to research, projects and the arts community world-wide. They are designed to help offset some of the out-of-pocket costs and make experiences like international study, experiential learning and internships more accessible for our students.
All full-time enrolled College of Fine Arts majors are eligible to apply.  In order to be considered for an award, your travel dates must take place between 8/22/2022 through 8/05/2023.  Any travel outside of those dates will not be considered.  Funds are awarded as a scholarship through the FS4U system.
All College of Fine Arts Classroom to Career Grant award recipients may be asked to present a summary of their trip experience and/or presentation materials, upon their return, to College of Fine Arts faculty, staff, and students to create a stronger learning community.  The College of Fine Arts encourages travel when such travel will benefit the College or the University. The amount of travel is, of course, limited by the funds available.
To apply, please click on this link and fill in your information: https://fsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3qOMuIeHXgSMK5E
The deadline to submit your application is Friday, February 17th at 11:59pm.  After the deadline, a committee will be reviewing all applications and will notify all recipients by email by no later than March 3rd 2023.
If you should have any questions, please contact Rachel Collins at racollins at fsu.edu.

Tally Zine Fest (TZF) on Sunday, February 19, 2023 from 10-4 pm at 621 and Mickey Faust Theatre
https://www.tallyzinefest.com/
[cid:b9a82273-1cc6-4cd7-8f44-5b63fb1a3541]