[Seuce-cci] please share with colleagues

Wingate, Judith jwingat2 at ju.edu
Wed Feb 17 11:31:21 EST 2021

Hi all,
I'm trying to complete a survey on the effects of face masks on vocal fatigue. This is designed for high school and university educators. While I realize many of you are not teaching in the classroom, I am hopeful that you might share this message with your colleagues who do. Thank you for your help!

We are recruiting high school and college educators who are between 18 and 65 years of age to participate in a survey regarding their experiences with wearing masks while lecturing in the classroom. Specifically, we are interested in gaining understanding of your experiences with vocal health and vocal fatigue as a result of wearing a mask. The information obtained in this study will be used in a future publication.
You may or may not benefit directly from being in this study; however, this survey will add to the body of literature regarding vocal health and mask use.

The study involves the completion of an anonymous online questionnaire. You will be asked to self-report on vocal health and lecturing experiences in the classroom while wearing a mask. The questionnaire should take no more than 15 minutes to complete.  Your participation is anonymous with no identifying information (e.g., email addresses, IP addresses, names, etc.) being collected by the survey website nor the researchers. The survey can be completed anywhere you have access to the Internet.

You may elect to stop the questionnaire at any time and withdraw from the study. If you choose to stop and submit a partially completed questionnaire, the answers will be used in the study analysis.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to participate in this study, please follow the link below to the online questionnaire and consent. While this link may not be posted to any other organization or institutional message boards, bulletin boards, etc., if you have any eligible colleagues who may be interested in participating, we would appreciate you forwarding this link to them.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Judith Wingate, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, by email jwingat2 at ju.edu<mailto:jwingat2 at ju.edu>. This research has been approved by the Jacksonville University Institutional Review Board (JU IRB # 2020-058).
Click the link below to complete the survey, or copy and paste the following link into your web browser:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jacksonvilleu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bsGNDaJ16LyIyY5__;!!PhOWcWs!l_jFblvo95cfeCgbF8CHAtAa8U1PGd-d7skYRsxEA2dqzQVC8eNElQVfsQlu6h2RJnUV3A$

Judith M. Wingate, PhD, CCC-SLP
Professor and Chair
Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders
School of Applied Health Sciences
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
Phone: 904-256-8912
Fax: 905-256-7287

[cid:5cc07dc1-90c1-46db-9362-b04b18f6d16b]