[Seuce-cci] Billing

Tracie Rice trice at email.wcu.edu
Tue Aug 6 15:54:45 EDT 2019

At Western Carolina we partnered with a 3rd party billing company (a smaller billing company) who helped us with credentialing as well as contracts with insurance and billing. Our contract is set-up so they get 6% of what we are paid (for which they bill – we still have some 3rd party hearing payers who want billing done through us on more of a letter/invoice and some private pay hearing aids that we bill ourselves).

It has been amazing for us as we do not have a person in our clinic who has knowledge or has done billing. We do not get any university support for our clinic so it has to be self-sufficient. We pay for our administrative assistant as well as any clinic supplies or other things we may need through the clinic funds.
Thanks!
Tracie