[Seuce-cci] Question about length of externship

Maya Clark mclark at georgiasouthern.edu
Thu Apr 4 13:27:38 EDT 2019

As with Pam, we follow the semester schedule of the university. Our
students start one week after the first day of class. The first week is
used to complete any outstanding requirements for placement. They also end
one week prior to the last day of class. That extra week is used to gather
all paperwork and ensure summative assessments are completed before grades
are due.

Our students observe the breaks at their clinical site rather than with the
university. For example, those place in a school setting will take spring
break with the school rather than the program and missing 2 weeks from
practicum.

--

*Maya R. Clark, PhD, CCC-SLP*
Associate Professor and Interim Department Chair

The RiteCare Center for Communication Disorders
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.armstrong.edu_academic-2Ddepartments_ritecare-2Dcenter&d=DwIFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=jGshPQbDJoV8CMlOHBki0kYcpPcJAdfxtU8l2-2kUWk&m=ZyOe2wSLAzdXMuB2SXRLjZMIWZlxEgS7MvXoFsO6LiE&s=XUHnwHAT_bAARyILkRE4C9wTQ5naLeHErRzXkzvGIX8&e=>
Georgia Southern University, Armstrong Campus
Department #4903
Armstrong Center, Suite 25
13040 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419
912 344 2735

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.armstrong.edu_Health-5Fprofessions_rehabilitation-5Fsciences_rehab-5Fsci-5Fritecare&d=DwIFaQ&c=HPMtquzZjKY31rtkyGRFnQ&r=jGshPQbDJoV8CMlOHBki0kYcpPcJAdfxtU8l2-2kUWk&m=ZyOe2wSLAzdXMuB2SXRLjZMIWZlxEgS7MvXoFsO6LiE&s=C6RELEgo27nGnKy6qpbXw5_ZgDmxIhETZgCXB1Tr0IQ&e=>