[Law-envtlfsufaculty] Sustainable Tallahassee seeking board members

Shi-Ling Hsu shsu at law.fsu.edu
Tue Oct 1 13:04:37 EDT 2019

Dear FSU environmental faculty colleagues:

I am forwarding a call from an organization called Sustainable Tallahassee, looking to fill some openings on its Board of Directors.

Sustainable Tallahassee<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/sustainabletallahassee.org/__;!5Xm4_O-4tfk!kSwUCbdq7ZCunxNieBHdSQY9FWOmYSTWCls8dkHyN3oeBV9kjMs4c8I22juu87A$> is a local non-profit organization dedicated to promoting environmental, economic, and social sustainability in the region through education and collaboration. We do this by partnering with the City, Leon County, local schools, other non-profits, business and individuals, and through a series of special events throughout the year. We have a robust committee structure and are focused on improving the sustainability of our transportation, energy, water, waste management and local food systems. We depend on our board members to provide oversight of and direction to the organization, assistance with committees, fundraising, special events - so there are a lot of opportunities to get involved.

We are open to new board members of all ages and backgrounds, though of course we would love to recruit people with experience in the environmental and sustainability fields.

The board member application form can be found here:  https://sustainabletallahassee.org/resources/Documents/ST%20Operational%20Documents/Board%20Member%20App%202019.pdf<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/sustainabletallahassee.org/resources/Documents/ST*20Operational*20Documents/Board*20Member*20App*202019.pdf__;JSUlJSU!5Xm4_O-4tfk!kSwUCbdq7ZCunxNieBHdSQY9FWOmYSTWCls8dkHyN3oeBV9kjMs4c8I24zNMsJE$>.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or the ST Executive Director Demian Pasquarelli, or current Board President Peggy Sanford (both cc'd) with any questions about the organization.

Thank you!
Katherine Preston

Katherine Preston
Principal Consultant, Sustainability & Energy
HMMH
Tallahassee, FL
Burlington, MA
Anaheim, CA