[Law-envtlcert] Yale Law Journal- 6th Annual Student Essay Competition (JD & LLM from Classes of 2018-2025)
jroxas at law.fsu.edu
Sun May 22 09:03:28 EDT 2022
Dear FSU Environmental Law students and recent graduates (Classes of 2018-2025),
The Yale Law Journal hosts an annual Student Essay Competition open to current law students and recent law school graduates (JDs and LLMs from the Classes of 2018-2025) from any ABA-accredited law school. This year, the topic is Law and the Changing Environment, broadly construed. Submission deadline is September 9.
* Topic: This year, submissions focusing on novel developments in the law as a result of the changing natural environment are encouraged. Topics including climate change; energy law; environmental justice; agency environmental regulation; migration and refugees; land use; local government; infrastructure and transportation; Indigenous rights; financial regulation; animal law; and legislation and policy proposals involving the environment. Topics in related areas as well, and we hope to receive both clinical and academic submissions are welcome.
* Eligibility: The competition is open to JDs and LLMs from the Classes of 2018-2025 from any ABA-accredited law school.
* Submission Criteria: Essays must be between 4,000 and 8,000 words, including footnotes. Each individual may submit only one Essay. Essays must be previously unpublished and may not be submitted to other law reviews during the competition period.
* Submission Deadline: September 9, 2022.
* Prize: Up to three winners will receive a $300 cash prize. Winning Essays will be published in the Yale Law Journal Forum and accessible on our website, LexisNexis, and Westlaw.
More details on the Competition, including submission instructions, are available on this link: https://www.yalelawjournal.org/news/announcing-the-sixth-annual-student-essay-competition
Please direct questions about the Student Essay Competition to the Managing Editors, Alan Chen (alan.chen.asc224 at yale.edu<mailto:alan.chen.asc224 at yale.edu>) and Angela Uribe (angela.uribe at yale.edu<mailto:angela.uribe at yale.edu>).
Program Associate - Environmental Program<http://www.law.fsu.edu/academics/jd-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law>
Florida State University College of Law
425 West Jefferson St. Tallahassee, FL 32306
jroxas at law.fsu.edu<mailto:jroxas at law.fsu.edu> | 850-645-8749 | Suite A227
Follow our FB page: FSU Environmental Law<https://www.facebook.com/FSUEnvironmentalLaw/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Law-envtlcert