[Law-envtlcert] FL Youth Petition for 100% Renewable Energy
dchristie at law.fsu.edu
Tue Jan 18 10:49:23 EST 2022
Dear FSU environmental law students:
Now that the rulemaking petition has filed, Commissioner Fried has a short window of time-until February 4th, 2022 - to decide whether to grant or deny the petition, so it is important she understands that there is a broad base of support for her to make 100% renewable energy a reality in Florida. Here are some simple things you can doover the critical next few weeks to voice your support:
1. Post messages to Commissioner Fried on social media. You’ll find sample text and images to use here:https://bit.ly/3tmZIIP<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bit.ly/3tmZIIP__;!!PhOWcWs!llw1x4EGKaUJ9MG_O3hLyWmeUU96_hB--fPU2awSRLUKMXDWdhYqsixDtHOuFLpaABA$>
2. Ask your state and local elected officials to publicly support the petition(you can share with them our social media toolkit for public officials to post messages of support and endorsement:https://bit.ly/33rBnGL<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bit.ly/33rBnGL__;!!PhOWcWs!llw1x4EGKaUJ9MG_O3hLyWmeUU96_hB--fPU2awSRLUKMXDWdhYqsixDtHOuryODCDI$>)
3. If you are 25 and younger, there is still time to sign onto the petitionhere<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https*3A*2F*2Fwww.ourchildrenstrust.org*2Ffloridapetition&data=04*7C01*7Candrea*40ourchildrenstrust.org*7Cef2b8ca9b6e74fa8712d08d9d61b5c28*7Cfbb1253e54564e7b92ed80b1f6ad175e*7C0*7C0*7C637776235264386931*7CUnknown*7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0*3D*7C3000&sdata=MLHxNI*2F6tSi3j6ALnfecORZ1GMsn7lv*2FncVlwFINv2w*3D&reserved=0__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJQ!!PhOWcWs!llw1x4EGKaUJ9MG_O3hLyWmeUU96_hB--fPU2awSRLUKMXDWdhYqsixDtHOuwd5EAfE$>, and if you have already joined, get your friends on board too!
4. Send an email to Commissioner Fried, asking that she grant the petition. Not sure what to write? You’ll find an example email template here:https://bit.ly/3tmZII<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bit.ly/3tmZIIP__;!!PhOWcWs!llw1x4EGKaUJ9MG_O3hLyWmeUU96_hB--fPU2awSRLUKMXDWdhYqsixDtHOuFLpaABA$>P. (Includes email address.)
5. Sign a banner supporting the youth and their petitionhere<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.kudoboard.com/boards/Hohp2Wyp__;!!PhOWcWs!llw1x4EGKaUJ9MG_O3hLyWmeUU96_hB--fPU2awSRLUKMXDWdhYqsixDtHOuM5NxjAc$>.
Thank you! Donna Christie
Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
From: Donna Christie
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2022 1:47:05 PM
To: Law-envtlcert at lists.fsu.edu <Law-envtlcert at lists.fsu.edu>
Subject: Climate Change Rulemaking
First, thank all of you who were able to find time during exams and holidays to provide any help you could with the filing by Our Children’s Trust for rulemaking to limit greenhouse gases. The timing wasn’t optimal to say the least. The petition for rulemaking has been filed, however, and the next step involves more dissemination of information and encouraging people to contact Nikki Fried’s office to support the granting of the petition. You can learn more about this youth-led petition for rulemaking in this press release here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/static1.squarespace.com/static/571d109b04426270152febe0/t/61d5de2b54122a4180060cbc/1641405995541/2022.01.05*FDACS*Petition*for*Rulemaking*5B68*5D.pdf__;KysrKyUl!!PhOWcWs!gdmOJcmHGaCqP8Vp0dieqX7fZXk4ex_kozFAKmormFUcAps8PsUlTPgAcRs-M8k_qbM$>.
The social media toolkit<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/113drTQ7VBOwIKVaxga9Pf6LylJ67XdylVHhvlsNshgM/edit__;!!PhOWcWs!lRT3PYUfFHTS9DfotYki-izQbNcIkZLBghESJvh7ORk4jBbxlh1mfI3uqMOYZIyP-rY$> for the original petition has materials that can be used to encourage young people to contact Nikki Fried’s office to support granting the peition, and I hope to have more specific information to you shortly including the contact information for Secretary Fried’s office.
Again, thank you for any time you can spare to assist this important effort. Also, if you want to get more involved, let me know and I can put you in direct contact with the people who are spearheading this effort across the nation to address climate change.
Donna R. Christie
Professor Emerita of Law
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Law-envtlcert