[Law-envtlcert] Announcing New Environmental Faculty and Courses

Erin Ryan ERyan at law.fsu.edu
Mon Aug 8 15:41:05 EDT 2022

Dear FSU Environmental Law Students,

We are excited to welcome you back in two weeks, hopefully after a fun summer!  We are also delighted to announce some new faculty joining the Center for Environmental, Energy, and Land Use Law this year, as well as the wonderful new courses they will be offering.  Please join me in welcoming them, and please consider registering for their great new classes:

JAMES PARKER-FLYNN joins FSU Law as a Visiting Clinical Professor after practicing with Carlton Fields, where he specialized in appellate practice and environmental law.  Professor Parker-Flynn earned an LL.M. in Environmental Law from FSU in 2014 after receiving his J.D. from Georgia State. He will teach Energy Law and Policy<https://law.fsu.edu/academics/academic-programs/jd-certificate-programs/environmental-law-certificate> this Fall, as well as Land Use Regulation<https://law.fsu.edu/academics/academic-programs/jd-certificate-programs/environmental-law-certificate> and a new Environmental Justice Seminar next Spring.  If all goes well, we hope he will help us begin building an Environmental Policy Clinic here at the Law School.

TISHA HOLMES is a Professor in FSU's Department of Urban and Regional Planning (DURP), and she joined the Law School this summer as a Courtesy Professor of Law.  Professor Holmes teaches land use planning, coastal planning, and climate change and community resilience, all with a focus on environmental justice issues.  Law students may take her Land Use Planning<https://law.fsu.edu/academics/academic-programs/jd-certificate-programs/environmental-law-certificate> course for J.D. and Certificate credit this fall.  (Note that you can also receive JD and Certificate credit in DURP Professor Susan Taylor's Planning Dispute Resolution<https://law.fsu.edu/academics/academic-programs/jd-certificate-programs/environmental-law-certificate> class this fall.)

PRESTON MCLANE serves as Program Administrator of the Air Resource Management at the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, and he joins our Program this year as a Special Adjunct Professor.  A 2009 graduate of FSU Law with the Certificate in Environmental Law, he has taught a variety of courses at FSU since then.  This Spring, he will teach Florida Environmental Law<https://law.fsu.edu/academics/academic-programs/jd-certificate-programs/environmental-law-certificate>, exploring a range of technical, legal, and policy issues specifically relating to environmental law and regulation in the State of Florida.

Please see the below summary of our expanded 2022-23 course offerings, and please register for these newly available courses to help keep them in our roster.  Please also look for a future invitation to the Program's annual Informational Meeting on Friday, Sep. 2, 12:30-1:30, in Room 208<https://fsu.forms-db.com/view.php?id=1277037>, where we'll talk about why it's worth studying Environmental, Energy, and Land Use Law, and why it's especially worth doing so at FSU (with an appearance by Preston McLane to talk about career opportunities, and pizza afterward for those who RSVP).  Finally, I'll attach the 2022-23 Course List and Events Calendar, with more information to follow soon-but in the meanwhile, please feel free to reach out to me or Jella Roxas (jroxas at law.fsu.edu<mailto:jroxas at law.fsu.edu>) with questions.

[cid:image001.png at 01D8AB16.104817E0]

Wishing you all the best in these final days of summer, and looking forward to seeing you back on campus soon! - ER
Erin Ryan
Elizabeth C. & Clyde W. Atkinson Professor
Associate Dean for Environmental Programs<https://law.fsu.edu/academics/academic-programs/juris-doctor-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law>
Director, FSU Center for Envtl., Energy, and Land Use Law<https://law.fsu.edu/academics/center-environmental-energy-and-land-use-law>
Florida State University, College of Law
425 West Jefferson Street / Tallahassee, FL 32306
(850) 645-0072 / eryan at fsu.edu<mailto:eryan at fsu.edu>
http://www.law.fsu.edu/our-faculty/profiles/ryan

View my research at:
http://ssrn.com/author=391494