[Law-envtlcert] Reminder: Distinguished Lecture Tomorrow!

Maria Ayn Jella Roxas jroxas at law.fsu.edu
Tue Oct 26 11:54:33 EDT 2021

Dear Law Students interested in Environmental, Energy, and Land Use Law,

This is just a reminder to please join us tomorrow, Wednesday, October 27, from 3:30pm - 4:30pm via Zoom as we welcome Professor Alexandra Klass from the University of Minnesota Law School. Professor Klass will deliver the Fall 2021 Distinguished Environmental Lecture, discussing the role of both private and public lands in the nation's clean energy transition. To date, most renewable energy development has occurred on private land subject to state and local laws. But with the election of President Biden, the U.S. Department of Interior and other federal agencies have focused on making onshore and offshore federal public lands and waters a major part of future clean energy development. Her lecture will discuss the laws governing energy development on private and public lands as well as the benefits and drawbacks of such development.

[cid:image003.png at 01D7CA60.3C124360]<https://fsu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwtdOGurDIuHNcbnUV3Ck8etuor7T0jJpxz>
Professor Alexandra Klass is the Distinguished McKnight University Professor and teaches and writes in the areas of energy law, environmental law, natural resources law, tort law, and property law. Her recent scholarly work addresses regulatory challenging in integrating more renewable energy into the nation's electric grid, transportation electrification, oil and gas transportation infrastructure, and the use of eminent domain for electric transmission lines and pipelines. Professor Klass was named the Stanley V. Kinyon Teacher of the Year in 2010 and 2020, a Visiting Professor of Law at Harvard Law School in 2015, a Member Scholar at the Center for Progressive Reform, and in 2020 was named to the Governor's Advisory Council on Climate Change.

Registration is required for this event. Please register here<https://fsu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwtdOGurDIuHNcbnUV3Ck8etuor7T0jJpxz>.
We hope to see you tomorrow! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Jella V. Roxas
Program Associate - Environmental Programs<http://www.law.fsu.edu/academics/jd-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law>
Florida State University College of Law
425 West Jefferson St. Tallahassee, FL 32306
jroxas at law.fsu.edu<mailto:jroxas at law.fsu.edu> | 850-6447275
Follow our FB page: FSU Environmental Law<https://www.facebook.com/FSUEnvironmentalLaw/>
[cid:image001.png at 01D7CA5A.C0B454B0]
https://vaccine.fsu.edu/