[Law-envtlcert] CSPI Summer Legal Internship posting - Deadline March 26th

Maria Ayn Jella Roxas jroxas at law.fsu.edu
Fri Mar 5 14:49:45 EST 2021

Dear FSU Environmental Law Certificate Students,

The Center for Science in Public Interest (CSPI) is currently recruiting for their summer legal internship program, with an application deadline of March 26th. For more details, please see attached document.

Good day!

CSPI Legal Policy Internship

CSPI is currently seeking legal interns for summer and fall internships in 2021. We offer internships for a small number of qualified students each year, and also consider post-graduates. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until all positions have been filled.
CSPI was started in 1971 by three scientists who saw the need for an organization to evaluate the effects of science and technology on society and to promote national policies responsive to consumers' interests. CSPI focuses primarily on food and health issues, exposing and addressing deceptive marketing practices, risky food additives and contaminants, and industry practices that make it hard for people to eat well. Our findings are communicated through press interviews, reports, comments and petitions to regulatory agencies, and a variety of educational materials, which include books, posters, social media, videos, and the Center's Nutrition Action Healthletter.

Legal interns should have completed at least one year of coursework in a legal degree program by the start of the internship. These interns are supervised by an attorney and assist in federal litigation and federal or state policy advocacy, including researching caselaw, statutes, and regulations and drafting legal memoranda, letters, petitions, comments, Freedom of Information Act requests, and administrative appeals. Legal interns are encouraged to submit a legal writing sample in addition to the non-technical writing sample.

Our 10-week internships are unpaid and can be full-time or part-time. The specific dates of an internship are flexible and depend on our needs and the applicant's schedule. CSPI is a work-from-home office during the COVID-19 pandemic. We offer a collegial work environment and flexible schedule to accommodate your academic responsibilities. If your school offers academic credit for internships, we will work with you to meet those requirements. We also reimburse up to $5/day for commuting expenses.

Applications for the summer internship are due March 26, 2021. Application materials should include a cover letter indicating issues of interest, future plans, and dates of availability, résumé, and a legal writing sample.

Email to: hr at cspinet.org<mailto:hr at cspinet.org> (this is the preferred method). Please specify the name of the internship to which you are applying in the subject line.

Further information about our internship program, including non-legal internships, can be found at https://cspinet.org/job/public-interest-internship-program<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/cspinet.org/job/public-interest-internship-program__;!!PhOWcWs!jn2YTYoMxYsGQqJ2GsK6qDI4sqgc_NGcoKSCrnuKhwfJIFHqrfRfD4kPSNDd6xU$>.

CSPI is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For updated information on this or other openings, visit: Jobs at CSPI<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/cspinet.org/about/careers__;!!PhOWcWs!jn2YTYoMxYsGQqJ2GsK6qDI4sqgc_NGcoKSCrnuKhwfJIFHqrfRfD4kPG8MBiJw$>