[Law-envtlcert] Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Office of Energy -- hiring
hwiseman at fsu.edu
Tue Jan 28 15:52:20 EST 2020
Dear alums and students in the FSU Law Environmental Program,
Please see the following job announcement:
View this email in your browser<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/mailchi.mp/263a2aba035a/florida-advisory-council-on-climate-and-energy-facce-2796837?e=ac2d02d812__;!!PhOWcWs!mw3GtXH0s1bXvnVrnNv236wyIYJ1H8vIUBAge14BfwU7ciyAjivB06Vmp_H-jcXcfzQ$>
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Office of Energy (FDACS OOE) is looking for two qualified people to join its Policy Team. We kindly ask for your help finding the right individuals by passing along this announcement to potential candidates.
Interested candidates must submit applications here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/freshfromflorida.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=067d8aa223db5f20e9232e575&id=e960554d45&e=ac2d02d812__;!!PhOWcWs!mw3GtXH0s1bXvnVrnNv236wyIYJ1H8vIUBAge14BfwU7ciyAjivB06Vmp_H-4NQ0CfI$> by Thursday, February 20, 2020.
The FDACS OOE is a dynamic and fast-paced environment where staff work together as a team to develop public policies and programs that that will move Florida toward a more diverse, stable, reliable, and resilient energy portfolio. Using available state and federal funds, the FDACS OOE develops and manages energy efficiency, renewable energy, energy education, alternative fuel technology, and climate change programs throughout the state.
The Policy Team works closely together as all of Florida's energy sectors are interdependent, with the potential to impact our water, air, and our quality of life. Each Policy Team member is responsible for a specific area. Policy areas we are looking to fill are:
* Energy Education, Vocational Training, and Workforce Development
* Renewable Energy
* Florida Building Codes and Energy Efficiency
If you want to use your skills and talents to help us develop strategies to secure clean, affordable energy, create new opportunities for Florida's economy, and address the growing crisis of climate change, please apply to become an essential member of our team.
The FDACS OOE seeks a self-motivated individual who works well in a collaborative, fast-paced environment to provide research; technical assistance; stakeholder engagement; and program and policy development and implementation to advance renewable energy and energy efficiency in the state.
This position performs duties related to energy policy and legislative analysis for the FDACS OOE including planning, development, implementation and evaluation of programs designed to promote renewable energy, energy conservation and energy efficiency. This position will also coordinate with office leadership to implement key initiatives and priorities regarding energy policy and development of energy legislation. Successful candidates will also provide sound analysis of policy, economic and environmental indicators and legislation (both current and pending) to enhance the design and development of energy policy to promote the FDACS Commissioner's agenda relating to current, emerging and future critical energy issues.
Successful candidates will provide FDACS OOE representation at legislative meetings and policy discussions related to assigned energy issues. In addition, this position performs bill tracking and analyses on energy legislation during the Florida Legislative Session. Also tracks federal programs related to assigned energy issues; prepares analyses/comments, when requested. This position analyzes performance and cost data to prepare actionable policy briefs, presentations and other documents for consumption by department's leadership team.
This position prepares correspondence as it relates to assigned energy issues, is a contributor to the FDACS OOE Annual Report and participates in calls and meetings with various stakeholder groups as they relate to assigned energy issues. This position will also perform other duties or special projects as assigned by the Director and Deputy Director and/or Compliance Officer.
Abilities and Skills
* Ability to monitor relevant policy changes at the state and federal level. Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply regulations, policies, procedures, and related information.
* Ability to creatively propose ideas and solutions that contribute to achieving the state's energy objectives.
* Ability to assemble information and create written reports and documents in a clear, concise, and effective manner.
* Ability to meet deadlines, work under time constraints, and manage multiple projects.
* Demonstrate a detail-orientation and thoroughness to assignments and a high degree of accuracy.
* Prior experience in one or more of the following fields or sectors:
* Energy Education, Vocational Training, and Workforce Development,
* Renewable Energy, or
* Florida Building Codes and Energy Efficiency.
* Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* A professional attitude and resourceful approach to work and programs.
* Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively convey technical, programmatic and financial information in a clear and understandable manner to a broad audience.
* Good organizational, human relations, and technical skills.
If you are interested in joining the FDACS OOE team, please click here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/freshfromflorida.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=067d8aa223db5f20e9232e575&id=0784a50fb3&e=ac2d02d812__;!!PhOWcWs!mw3GtXH0s1bXvnVrnNv236wyIYJ1H8vIUBAge14BfwU7ciyAjivB06Vmp_H-0sgbTDo$> to apply.
Hannah Wiseman, Attorneys' Title Professor and Associate Dean for Environmental Programs<http://www.law.fsu.edu/academics/jd-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law>
Florida State University College of Law
425 West Jefferson St.
Tallahassee, FL 32306
hwiseman at law.fsu.edu<mailto:hwiseman at law.fsu.edu>
Office: Roberts Hall, Room 237
SSRN author page: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=1331806
Faculty web page: http://www.law.fsu.edu/our-faculty/profiles/hwiseman
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Law-envtlcert