[Law-envtlcert] Sea level rise event RSVP; one more student needed for Environmental Challenge

Hannah Wiseman hwiseman at fsu.edu
Wed Sep 25 12:06:15 EDT 2019

Dear students interested in environmental, energy, land use, and natural resources law,

On Wednesday, October 2, in Room 331 from 12:30-1:30 PM, we will have an exciting enrichment event for our program. Professor Will Butler<https://coss.fsu.edu/durp/william-butler> from FSU's Department of Urban and Regional Planning will talk about the mandate to plan for sea level rise in Florida and the challenges of implementing this mandate. Food that is better than pizza will be served! (At the last event we have food from Zoe's Kitchen.) Please RSVP to Jennifer Walsh, jwalsh at law.fsu.edu<mailto:jwalsh at law.fsu.edu>.

Also, speaking of sea level rise, two students have volunteered to form a team for the Environmental Challenge<http://flawma.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/ECI-Student-Competition-for-University-Students_2019_FLAWMA.pdf>-a student competition at the meeting of the Florida section of the Air & Waste Management Association<http://flawma.org/events/2019-conference/>. The competition asks students to propose resiliency tools for a rural (<2,500 population) community in Florida that is struggling to address sea level rise issues. Proposals are due by October 7, so now is the time to form teams. Please e-mail me if you are interested in participating in this challenge. It should not require a huge amount of time-the proposal is a maximum of 8 pages-and it's a great opportunity to meet professionals who might eventually hire you.

Best wishes,

HJW

Hannah Wiseman, Attorneys' Title Professor and Associate Dean for Environmental Programs<http://www.law.fsu.edu/academics/jd-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law>
Florida State University College of Law