[Law-envtlcert] September 25 internship application deadline: Department of Justice Environment and Natural Resources Division

Hannah Wiseman hwiseman at fsu.edu
Fri Sep 20 15:51:18 EDT 2019

Dear students,

This is a quick reminder that if you want to intern at the U.S. Department of Justice Environment and Natural Resources Division<https://www.justice.gov/legal-careers/job/spring-2020-law-clerk> during the spring semester, the deadline for applying is September 25, 2019.

I just spoke with one of our recent graduates working in Washington, DC, and she mentioned that agencies hiring for more permanent attorney positions seem to be hiring people who previously clerked for those agencies while they were in law school. In other words, if you want to work in Washington after your graduate, it might boost your chances of getting a job there if you intern or extern there during law school. Also remember that you can apply for internships and externships in regional offices of federal agencies around the United States, such as the regional offices of the Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Best wishes,

HJW

Hannah Wiseman, Attorneys' Title Professor and Associate Dean for Environmental Programs<http://www.law.fsu.edu/academics/jd-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law>
Florida State University College of Law