[Law-envtlcert] FW: Environmental Law Events, Spring 2018

Shi-Ling Hsu shsu at law.fsu.edu
Sun Jan 21 10:13:27 EST 2018

Sorry, the previous message was missing the attachment with the pdf schedule of events. It is attached to this message.

Dear students:
We in the Environmental, Energy, and Land Use Program hope you all had a good break and are refreshed and ready for the new semester. We are excited to bring to you a fantastic lineup of events and speakers as part of our certificate enrichment program. Please see the calendar below, and consider dropping in on some of these events! Attached is a pdf of this information, in case this message is not formatting correctly.
Shi-Ling Hsu, D'Alemberte Professor of Law and Associate Dean for Environmental Programs<http://www.law.fsu.edu/academics/jd-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law>

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D392A0.78CD75F0]Wednesday, January 24, 12:30-1:30 pm, Room 310
Professor Justin Pidot, Associate Professor, University of Denver Sturm College of Law: Suing the President to Protect the Bear Ears National Monument. Lunch will be served.

Wednesday, February 7, 3:30-5 pm, Room 310, Spring 2018 Distinguished Lecture
Professor Thomas Merrill, Charles Evans Hughes Professor of Law, Columbia Law School: The Supreme Court's Regulatory Takings Doctrine: Common-Law Constitutionalism Runs Aground. Reception to follow in the Rotunda

[X]Wednesday, February 21, 3:30-5 pm, Room 310
Daniel Raimi, Senior Research Associate, Resources for the Future; Lecturer, University of Michigan Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy: The Fracking Debate. Refreshments served and reception to follow in the Rotunda.

Wednesday, March 28, 12:30-1:30 pm, Room 310
Mariana Fuentes, Assistant Professor, Florida State University Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Science: Sea Turtle Conservation in a Changing World. Lunch served.

Wednesday, April 5, 3:15-5 pm, Room A221, Fifth Annual Environmental Student Colloquium, reception to follow in Advocacy Center student lounge.