[Law-envtlcert] FW: Fall 2018 Law Clerk Positions - US DOJ - Environment and Natural Resources Division

Shi-Ling Hsu shsu at law.fsu.edu
Thu Apr 12 20:39:48 EDT 2018

Dear Environmental Certificate students:

Please find attached and below information about the US Department of Justice law clerk program for its Environmental and Natural Resources Division, in which students can earn externship credit. Locations vary. The deadline to apply for Fall 2018 is April 22.

Being a lawyer in the USDOJ ENRD is one of the most coveted and prestigious environmental jobs in the country. DOJ hires entry level lawyers exclusively through its Honors program. The current general counsel of the US Environmental Protection Agency, the top environmental law job in EPA (requiring Senate confirmation), is one of our alum and was hired through the Honors program. DOJ Honors Program positions are extremely competitive, but doing a good job in this law clerk program is a very significant advantage. Students interested in the program *may* be able to fill out their semester class load by taking classes in online sections. For Fall, we will offer Administrative Law online, and hope to offer other environmental courses online. FSU courses may also be offered in other areas, such as tax. You might also enroll as a visiting student in a nearby law school.

If you are interested in a career in the federal government, we encourage you to apply. Please also consult with Professor Gertz about earning externship credit.

Shi-Ling Hsu
D'Alemberte Professor of Law and Associate Dean for Environmental Programs<http://www.law.fsu.edu/academics/jd-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law>
Florida State University College of Law