[Law-envtlcert] FW: PLEASE DISTRIBUTE: SLR and Taxation Essay Contest

Shi-Ling Hsu shsu at law.fsu.edu
Tue Apr 3 16:16:36 EDT 2018

Environmental Certificate students:

See below for a writing contest announcement - an interesting one, on sea level rise and implications for Florida tax policy.

Shi-Ling Hsu
D'Alemberte Professor of Law and Associate Dean for Environmental Programs<http://www.law.fsu.edu/academics/jd-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law>
Florida State University College of Law

The Tax Section of the Florida Bar is sponsoring an essay contest focused on sea-level rise and its implications for Florida tax policy.  The context is open to any student currently enrolled in a J.D. program at any law school in Florida.  J.D. students can partner with one additional law or non-law university student from any other discipline to author the submission.  Top submissions will be awarded cash prizes and  may be published in the Florida Bar Journal and Tax Section Bulletin.  Paper length is 4,000-6,000 words and the deadline is May 31, 2018.  For more details, see the attached pdf.  Address questions to: richardojacobs at me.com<mailto:richardojacobs at me.com>.  (Please note that the email address for submissions in the "Submission" section is incorrect on the attached pdf. The email address for questions, which is also noted above, is the correct one for both questions and submissions.)