[Law-envtlcert] Environmental Distinguished Lecture Wed., 10/25 - NYU Prof. Vicki Been on "The City NIMBY & the Suburban NIMBY"

Shi-Ling Hsu shsu at law.fsu.edu
Sat Oct 21 22:03:17 EDT 2017

[http://files.constantcontact.com/be95b192601/3fbe0088-3576-4f4b-912f-bcc3c0a3c619.jpg][cid:image001.png at 01D34AB8.5D47C9A0]
Dear Environmental Certificate folks:

This upcoming Wednesday, October 25, from 3:30 - 4:30 pm in Room 310, is the date of our second enrichment event of the year, and one of the really big highlights of the year, the Fall 2017 Distinguished Lecture. The lecture is The City NIMBY and the Suburban NIMBY, by Professor Vicki Been, the Boxer Family Professor Law at New York University, and former Commissioner of Housing Preservation and Development for the City of New York. She is also the Faculty Director of New York University's Furman Center for Real Estate and Urban Policy which, under her leadership, was awarded the MacArthur Award for Creative and Effective Institutions in 2012. Her lecture will probe differences between the phenomenon of urban and suburban "NIMBY, or "Not in My Back Yard" resistance to urban development. A reception will follow. Please join us!

Shi-Ling Hsu
D'Alemberte Professor of Law and Associate Dean for Environmental Programs<http://www.law.fsu.edu/academics/jd-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law>
Florida State University College of Law
425 West Jefferson Street