[Law-envtlcert] FW: student colloquium

Hsu, Shi-Ling shsu at law.fsu.edu
Wed Mar 15 11:31:41 EDT 2017

Certificate folks:

I hope everyone is having a great spring break. This is just a reminder that if you'd like to participate in this year's Student Colloquium (April 5, see below), we need a copy of your paper or draft paper by next Monday, March 20th. This year, attorneys from Hopping, Green and Sam will be attending, and the firm will be sponsoring a reception afterwards, in the Advocacy Center student lounge.

No need to dress up or revise your paper, which can be one that you've completed for a past seminar - just send it over to Jennifer Walsh at jwalsh at law.fsu.edu<mailto:jwalsh at law.fsu.edu>.

Shi-Ling Hsu
D'Alemberte Professor of Law and Associate Dean for Environmental Programs<http://www.law.fsu.edu/academics/jd-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law>
Florida State University College of Law

Dear students:

Every year, the FSU College of Law Program in Environmental, Energy and Land Use Law holds its Spring Colloquium for student papers. This is an opportunity for students to be recognized for their research and writing achievements, for them to give a short presentation of their work in front of a friendly audience of faculty and fellow students, and to get feedback on their hard work. Any JD or LLM students who have completed a paper or will complete a paper at the end of the Spring term are eligible to submit a paper. These papers can be law journal notes, ULWR seminar papers, independent study projects, or any written product drawing on independent research by the student. (Guidance by faculty members is ok.)  Students with a draft that will be completed at the end of the Spring term are welcome to submit their works-in-progress.

This year's colloquium will take place on Wednesday, April 5, at 3:15 pm in Room A221. A reception in the Advocacy Student Lounge will follow, which will double as a reception for members of the Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law. Also new this year, the colloquium will have the generous support of attorneys at the firm Hopping, Green & Sam. Expect HGS attorneys to be in the audience, offering feedback and comments.

If you are interested in participating in this great event, please submit your paper to Jennifer Walsh (jwalsh at law.fsu.edu<mailto:jwalsh at law.fsu.edu>) by Monday, March 20, and make sure it is electronically stamped by 11:59 pm. We will let you know of our decision by Monday, March 27.

Good luck! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Sorry if you get duplicates of this announcement - it's been a great event in past years!

Shi-Ling Hsu
D'Alemberte Professor of Law and Associate Dean for Environmental Programs<http://www.law.fsu.edu/academics/jd-program/environmental-energy-land-use-law>
Florida State University College of Law
425 West Jefferson Street